Fixed Internally Raid Lag

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Priority, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Priority Well-Known Member

Started as soon as we stepped into Shadeweaver Thicket: Spirit Harvest raid at 8 p.m. CST.

Gninja said to post this here.
    Grate, Bree, Solaria and 6 others like this.
  2. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

I would like to throw this up here for Maj Dul as well. The Echo Cavern raid zone last night was horrible. Many of the fights were nigh unplayable. Bulwark checks were not registering due to the lag. One of the fights requires very quick cures and could barely get them off in time. The lag is devastatingly bad for not just the design of the encounters but for the fun of the game. This really needs to be addressed because very well designed raid encounters are suffering due to the rampant lag issue.
    Priority and WhysperWynde like this.
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

lag on skyfire again, shadeweaver's raid, 8 pm CST
    Bree, Solaria, enotirab and 1 other person like this.
  4. Smashey Well-Known Member

HoF. Its impossible to do bulwarks with 5 seconds lag. I also notice the forum is extremely slow today? Related? WoW and other MMO games and sites work perfect.
    Priority and WhysperWynde like this.
  5. StoneAch Member

They know where problems are. They just pretend they checking all these different parts like census (lol), removal of recovery speed, etc. They know very well it's the old code and cheap hardware, and they don't wanna dish out for additional manpower or new hardware. It costs $$$ after all, let's be reasonable! Also don't forget to get your new p2w crates!
  6. StoneAch Member

7. Nekre Active Member

I honestly feel lag is intended and they are trying to slow down progression... you dont EVER see lag inside of heroics like you do in Overland Zones and Raids.
    enotirab and Priority like this.
  8. Grandavi Active Member

The lag was super bad today. I couldn't "dismiss" my merc after joining a Raid and 1/2 my spells weren't casting. (this was not continuous, but during a PQ run throughout Shadeweaver's Thicket.
  9. Grandavi Active Member

Oh... and the "kicking you out" to Character select screen every second/third zone is getting old fast...
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  10. Gninja Developer

Please make sure you include your server and as close of times as you can if posting about crashes or lag. I will help the code folks to track it down.
    Bodiddle, Beee and Breanna like this.
  11. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

We will check again tonight during raid time, but the last time we raided (Tuesday 12/29) the lag was from the start of raid time through the entire night so 7-10 pacific. It was only in the raid zone (Echo Canyon one). The heroics we did before and after seemed fine.
  12. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

So tonight, lag was pretty good. Some minor cast lag, but nothing significant. Not sure how many raid guilds raid Saturday night, but I expect that it isn't many of us that helps with the lag considerably.
  13. Nekre Active Member

Last night our other raid force raided and they said they had hardly any lag... I wanna raid on friday nights and saturday nights now :(
    Trickey, enotirab and Priority like this.
  14. Priority Well-Known Member

lag in Shadeweaver's Thicket raid starting at 9:30 pm CST. The raidventure was significantly better today, still about 1s button lag, as soon as we go to the T2 zone, it went to crap.
    Solaria, Trickey and enotirab like this.
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

raids kicked off with lag again last night in Shadeweavers at 8:05 p.m. CST on skyfire. Went to the raidventure shortly after and lag was still an issue. Then back to Shadeweavers and lag again. Hopefully you guys are tracking this down because not being able to actuall play the game faster than an Army PowerPoint is getting old quick.
    Solaria, Trickey and enotirab like this.
  16. Priority Well-Known Member

Lag started at 8:05 pm CST in raidventure. Its getting worse. Didn't think it really could compared to the last 2 nights, but here we are...
  17. Kaladz Active Member

Getting lag on Maj'Dul at 8:20 EST in Shadeweaver. Was like 6 second button lag then got a bit better after a few minutes.
  18. Pittite New Member

I raided in Skyfire and now i'm in Thurgadin; to me Thurgadin has no lag at all so when i hear it is gamewide, i don't agree. In Skyfire when we entered an instance and it happened we had no lag, we were happy and as soon as another guild was entering same instance we were experiencing lag. In Thurgadin some guilds doing same raid instance as the one we were doing once complained of not being able to cast while we didn't get any lag. So in Thurgadin i can't say it does not happen but it is way not as common as it was in Skyfire and way less too.
    Now i'm just saying that to let devs see if there is something different between us and euro servers.
    For example i haven't experienced any lags in raid instance since beginning of this expansion
  19. Priority Well-Known Member

Skyfire, 8:00 pm CST, Shadeweaver's Thicket raid. Absolutely is getting worse.
    enotirab, Solaria and Trickey like this.
  20. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

Raided this afternoon on an alt in a raid alliance on Maj Dul. Echo Cavern zone from Noon to 3 pacific. Lag was pretty horrible. Did the zone twice, slightly better the second time but not much. There is standard lag and then there is greater lag on things like the mosquito (second named) that spawns the add. The third named is also pretty rough with the cures. I was on my assassin and I couldn't pot cure because of the lag. The button would simply sit there and not trigger.

Also raided last night in main guild on Maj Dul from 7-11 pacific. Although lag wasn't as bad as during the weak still considerable lag throughout the entire night for both the EC and ST raid zones.
    Priority likes this.