Raid Conjy DPS?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Suefeo, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Suefeo Member

Hello All:
    Have a really stupid question....The COE/ST Raids that have multiple adds, I have noticed that my DPS drops horribly on these types of fights.

I was looking at the spell damage on the Conjuror AOE's .....TD and Earthquake you have to basically be up the mobs butt in order for the spell to be within range and often times, this is not feasible. Shattered Earth really does not do a lot of damage. Would it be better for my DPS on these types of fights to just do DD spells and forget the AOE's unless its a fight that requires the raid to be directly under the boss. Does anyone have a better way to handle the multiple adds without killing my DPS.

Thanks!!!!
  2. Buffrat Well-Known Member

You should be within melee range of the adds, so...
  3. Suefeo Member

umm no...the drakes are casting a ghastly AOE and wiping out the caster group so we are being told to do ranged damage and stay back.
  4. Luhai Active Member

I wouldn't call 10 meters "up the mobs butt". Remember you can activate the distance meter to see how far you are away.
    You have ET and 4 AOEs. Use them on these fights.
    When in doubt you still have your 3 trigger stoneskin to test how close you can get.
  5. scousetroub Active Member

thought you lot had about 10 lives not to mention how many blockers there is in game ,,old st dagger - fallen sword charms - signet theres over 100 secs of immunity
    then in grp bd equil DR crafted totem + DG

seems only a bad craftsman blames his tools
  6. Suefeo Member

Thanks for this info...will use this on the next run(was not aware of the signets) .....Its not really the tools, its that sometimes you can't see the forrest thru the trees and you need someone else to look at it :) LOL
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I always try to get just into melee range so that ALL my AOEs land. It's easy to tell when they don't, it says so. I usually measure distance by noting when my Thermal Shocker becomes active :)

[IMG]
  8. Darwiin Active Member

You got to be doing something wrong. Or your healers are doing something wrong. Conj usually are hard to beat on groups of 3 or more linked mobs even on raid zones.(swashy/good spec Sin only people to challenge us) ST you just wait until first big AE go off and move in, and then watch for casting on big AE again about 30 seconds later. (most raid forces will have mobs down before second AE goes off) there are group fights in ST that I can parse anywhere from 700k-900k even if I am not got my nose poking some drake tail.
    You would thnk Wizards would be king but been a while since i have seen a really good wizard in a raid force.
  9. amberlia New Member

Do you have singular focus on?
  10. Ragna Well-Known Member

Just FYI, singular focus only apply to weapon and spell AE autoattack. AE spells/CAs/procs are NOT affected by it.