Rageborne 2H CB adorn will not work on bows...

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vlkodlak, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Noticed this evening that the new 2H CB adorn will not work on bows, while the old 2H CB one still does.

Thanks
  2. Gharyn Well-Known Member

That is because bows are not 2H. The old one is obviously a mistake which they will now fix because you told them :>
    Dude likes this.
  3. Redlight Well-Known Member

A bow is not 2H? A 1H bow is just a stick :p
    ConcealFate likes this.
  4. semisus Does not play this game

I would like to see you use a bow with 1 hand , i would be impressed
    Hiza and Snikkety like this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

How about no hands!
    ConcealFate, Breanna and Sykle like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The only people who don't think bows are two handed weapons since the beginning of time are those people who are ignorant of their use. That said, logic and game design and implementation don't always work---wait for it--"hand in hand."
    Hiza and Drona like this.
  7. Ragna Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter how many hand(s) you think is/are required for a bow.

The Runes are clear and say "Primary (Two-Handed)".
    Bows in EQ2 don't go into the Primary Slot.
    It was either a bug if the Rune just goes there or an exploit if you had to go through loops like being able to dual-wield Two-Handers was some years ago.
    Dude and ConcealFate like this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

And therein lies the issue, Ragna. Talk to a Ranger or Channeller about what their "primary" weapon is. As I mentioned game design and logic don't always work together.
    Hiza and Blazen like this.
  9. Ragna Well-Known Member

That's why I didn't talk about "primary* weapon but "Primary Slot" as opposed to "Ranged Slot",
    FWIW I wouldn't mind if bows/crossbows had better Cyan adorns than wands. Ammo cost + timing issues would warrant it IMO. Maybe not up to 2H lvl tho - at least for Pot.
    Dude likes this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'd like it if we used logic to make gaming design changes. Clearly, a melee weapon is one handed as is an off-hand. Either can use the appropriate rune(s). Yes, a 2-hander should have an updated ability for adorns, etc because you eliminate the opportunity for the off-hand. Ranged weapons could be throwing weapons or wands. These have the appropriate adorns. Bows and crossbows require both hands to use and should reflect that damage. Ofc, that would require upgrades. Will it ever happen? No, but wouldn't it be nice? I guess what would be nice in some degree of consistency would apply in what adorns (temp or otherwise) could be used in the ranged slot or for 2-handers.
  11. Ragna Well-Known Member

You'll have consitency if players start to /bug things like being able to put 2H adorn on ranged slot... (I'm not a Saint, I would /bug that and then keep it on my wand/bow/crossbow as a "proof" ;) )
    Anyway (in game) you don't lose whathever stats/procs you got from your main/off hand if you're main weapon is ranged (I look at you Rangers with your shield in your 3rd hand ! :p )