racial traits are being revamped

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Gladiia Guest

littlegoblin wrote:
    Lots of people in general don't like change - especially when it doesn't directly benefit them. It's quite normal, and in many ways to be expected. I can certainly understand how I would feel if I spent the last three years working on something that is now one of the less beneficial combos. People will recover in time, and down the road I'm sure that most people will find themselves happy with the changes, though certainly not all will. Nothing ever ever makes everyone happy.
  2. ARCHIVED-illaria Guest

I will keep /feedbacking to put super jump back in. I have wanted to change the race of my kerra fury for a long time but once I heard about super jump I would have kept kerrra even if a racial respec were offered.

If folks keep dieing they can be more careful or get one of the many cloaks that gives fae fall. I was SO excited to be able to have a super jump then float back to earth.

/sigh

Keep up the fight my fellow kerrans (and sarnaks)

And if I hear any froglocks complaining, i can use their legs for my provisioner : D

<edited to threaten the frogs>

3. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Dragowulf2 wrote:
    In indoor zones only? Well then, if I had to guess, I'd figure that the ceilings of indoor zones aren't true barriers, but just a graphic that you can pass through. If that's the case, then I'd guess that the Frogs kept accidentally jumping themselves out of the zone.

But *shrugs* that'd just be my guess.
  4. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Could be like back in EQ Live when someone zoned on top of their pet they "fell" from it for like 20k damage and died. Maybe the super jump caused a weird fall rate or such and triggered something similar. Be interesting to see an explanation.
  5. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

illaria wrote:
    If any race should get this ability back, Frogloks should get it first. Anything else would really not make any sense.

Hopefully a developer will eventually have time to say something about this...
  6. ARCHIVED-illaria Guest

I thought froglocks had their water jump and I dont mind froglocks having a super jump as well, as long as they dont get upset about kerrans and sarnaks having one too.

Also if the super jump is activatable folks can choose to turn it off if they keep dieing

Please, please, please, please put super jump back in
  7. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

illaria wrote:
    I do have to agree.....my froglok mystic may end up gathering dust on the shelf now because I was having a hard time deciding which of my alts to mess around on while I waited for RoK to come out and this guy became my favorite, but this might change it.
  8. ARCHIVED-illaria Guest

------Deleted Double Post-------
  9. ARCHIVED-illaria Guest

I will be /feedbacking every day until we get our superjump

I have a question for anyone who was in beta. Was super jump higher than the "double jump" you used to be able to do with the gnomish spring boots? If so people just need to be responsible with their abilities. A guildie once pulled adds in Deathtoll while doing the double jump, he didnt jump like that anymore in the zone : D

Give me super jump
  10. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

I think they did a pretty good job overall with the racial traits. Substantial, but not "must have" for any class combo (despite what some whiners seem to think).
  11. ARCHIVED-illaria Guest

Ahem, *I* am not whining I am just begging the super jump that was in Beta to be put back in : D
  12. ARCHIVED-Morningside Guest

Ok, since the Racial Traits have in fact been revamped I'm going to lock this thread as the title dictates that it's now out-of-date. Feel free to create a new up-to-date thread based on actual live content on the "Spells, Abilities, and Combat Arts" board but please remember to present your feedback and opinions in a positive and constructive manner. Also try to remember that it will help the developers if the information provided is done so within one thread and not spread across several.

Thank you.

Morningside