Racial Lore

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Estred, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

I am going to be soon adding to my list of "side projects" a possible revamp of the Everquest 2 Racial abilities for my own practice at game design and balance. I would like the help of someone knowledgeable on Racial Lore to aid me in a write up on each of the races lore so that I may make fitting racial abilities. Though a side project once finished the Lore breakdown and abilities will be posted in a new thread.

My aim is not only to practice my own conceptualization but perhaps to offer a suggestion for SOE as a way to re-flavor the races without adding abilities that too many players would deem OP or game breaking. Please PM me if you are interested in aiding my project.
  2. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

If you need any information on Fae or Arasai, I can certainly help with that.
  3. Meirril Well-Known Member

Several races have a significant lack of Lore material to draw from. Sarnak in particular are going to be challenging. While Fae/Arasai are equally new in the EQ2 world a lot more material has been written for them. Trolls are also not very well fleshed out. Ogres, Ratonga and Froglok are better storied than Trolls but still woefully under respresented. Halfings, Gnomes and Wood Elves are better represented but no where near approaching the level of Iksar. Barbarians, Humans and Euradites have a good general outline of the race but actually lack a lot of significant history. Actually Barbs and their 2 decendent races are almost the complete opposite of halfling lore. Halfling lore centers around individuals and stories. Barb, Human and Euradite lore centers around vauge histories that lacks specifics.
    High Elves, Dark Elves and Iksar are all well fleshed out. That should be easy.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Well as said in the OP. If you could compile a form of bullet point list for me I would greatly appreciate it. I am busy with 3d models and the like for my Portfolio classes and am hard pressed to sit down and read the Lore for myself. Of course contributors here will be added to a list when I make the actual post with my ideas for public critique. Also remember the goal of this venture ultimately is to see if I as a Game Design Major can accurately gauge what would be considered "balanced" within a current game system.

Indeed I know the Lore of Iksar/Sarnak decently as I play them and I know a bit about Dark Elves. I function well with lists though as I said a bullet point with key-notes would be significant.
  5. Kalmaraa Active Member

I put a tone of Sarnak/Gorowyn lore on my own website, including Sarnak naming guidelines. Most of it is taken from various forum sites, but all of it was checked for accuracy. Link below is to my sight, the library section is kept on public access. I also publish this information as books on the AB server occasionally as well.

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=441766&TabID=3776602
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Thank you, I will be starting and hopefully finishing this project during my next break from classes. Currently it is week 7 of 11 so I have a bit of time to go before I get any real free time to devote to this and I certainly do.