race for monk

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Bedoll34, Aug 9, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-thephantomposter Guest

I went with the minority, Erudite, I love the look. Go figure.
  2. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

I put a lot of thought into rolling a bruiser, and even though I'm not a big fan of the race, I decided that Arasai were actually the best for what I wanted to do. 5% in combat movement speed (only arasai and fae get the in combat bonus) and the short duration +50% to sprint. These are probably more important on a bruiser than a monk because of things like drag, but I do like to be nimble at times. Arasai also do get a +5 defense and +2 double attack so they don't have to sacrifice much on the tankability side for these benefits.
    Their racial attack is arguably the best in the game since it's a temp buff for casting speed, crit, and dps while lowering your defensive skills. Since dps is also part of being a brawler I think it also fits the class well.
    Kerra were also a close one to consider but their movment bonus is out of combat only, but they do get the short duration sprint boost. They also get 15% movement speed while in stealth and even though you aren't really a stealth class it's still nice to have.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sethai Guest

Kamaala@Kithicor wrote:
    I hate to disappoint you, but it is not "The Kerra" but actually "The Kerras and Half Elven". Yes mate, we share it with you guys.
    I must say I never had a second thought about choosing the Half Elf as my Monk. But it was way back at the start of the game when racial choices were 'there" but did not really had much effect. Anyways, I would not choose otherwise if I would create him today.
    But from the pure coolness and effectiveness factor, I would also advise on an Iksar.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Historically Human (through Zan Fi) Iksar (Through Tynn) are the races that pulled unarmed combat into the realm of a martial art. Although Icepaw Gnolls are also known for said skills and Nurgg was obviously a throwback to the pre-curse Ogres in skill came up with methods but did not get to pass them down as far as known.