Race for a PvP dirge?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-EverSkelly, Aug 11, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-EverSkelly Guest

Hi
    I play on a PvP server, going to start a dirge, because bards are the only classes i never tried yet.
    Lots of people say that troubadour is better option for pvp, but as i see more and more troubs around, dirge is my choice. Plus that unbreakable (is it?) encounter snare looks very nice...
    So a question is, what race would be better for a pvp dirge? I usually picked dark elves for scouts because of their inreased run speed when stealthed and for +25% poison trigger chance.
  2. ARCHIVED-bassmasta54 Guest

Kerra, Dark Elves, and Ratonga all have abilities that make a scout's life easier, PvP or not. Ratonga, Gnomes, Fae, and Arasai all have a smaller size, making them harder to target from longer distances. Erudites have a unique vision ability that creates a glow around every player, with a different color for melee, healers, and casters, which is useful for knowing what you're up against before a fight. But I have yet to see an Erudite bard...
  3. ARCHIVED-Wurz Guest

Moonbaby@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    take a look at some post here about 'post your dirge' etc something with pics nyway, i remember an erudite dirge ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Paikis Guest

Dregh@Venekor wrote:
    Picking dark elf for the stealth runspeed is a mistake. Also the +poison Trigger chance does absolutely nothing for bards. Dark Elves have other things that make them a nice choice, but none of the things listed are one of em.
    I personally like woodelf for the reduction in snares, but other than that they don't have much to offer. At the end of the day though, the only things that really matter as far as race selection go (for PvP) are going to be runspeed and DPS enhancements.
    For the record, the Erudite glowy-eyes thingy is useless in PvP. If you can't tell what class someone is from glancing at their buffs (without mouse-over) then you've probably already lost the fight.
  5. ARCHIVED-Neferrah Guest

I also play PvP and choose Ratonga, which may not be the best choice, but my corpse looks good. :) There is a good reason you don't see many dirges running around, it is a horrible solo class for PvP. But, I have no trouble finding groups to pvp with as we make the other meele more deadly, and no class ever complained about the 7.5% crit bonus we offer, and the healers love the 32% heal bonus of Gravitas. Befit to the ratonga are, cheesy bite attack which does about 200 pts damage in PvP, used when everything else is on cold down, and +15% stealth run speed. When you added the Danak Hoop of Subversion and 3 pieces of PvP gear you run at 55% stealthed, and I guess with the 3 pieces class set of low level tier 8 raid gear it would be 68% stealthed run speed.
  6. ARCHIVED-Paikis Guest

Ssue@Nagafen wrote:
    Um... L2P? Until you get your epic this is partly true. Since you're 80 though... once you have it, you should be able to kill just about everything in seconds. Once that proc goes off Dirges become a whirling storm of pain.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jakelo Guest

I play a halfelf for the drop target ability, so I have 2 and its a godsend for rangers, stupid rangers.