Quick question from a new player

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by shoulda2, Dec 20, 2012.

1. shoulda2 New Member

I googled this a few ways and couldn't find the answer and it went past my "search for the answer for 5 minutes before posting rule"

Does EQ2 allow you to have mercs in the free to play model, or do i need to pay something to get that option? I want to give eq2 a whirl but want to not group until I learn the mechanics and get a few levels under my belt, a merc seems logical to help out in that regard.

I played eq1 way back in 2000-2002, and then again in 2009-2010ish and found the mercs super nice at lower levels to boost me up to grouping levels...

Thanks!
  2. decator666 Member

To hire mercs you need the Age of Discovery expansion...Once you buy that you have access to mercs even on a free acct.

Unfortunately it is still 39 bucks for that expansion...so it's up to you if you wanna make the plunge...Hopefully they will put it on sale or lower the price soon...
  3. shoulda2 New Member

Thanks, I'll probably just wait for it to get cheaper, usually those x-pacs drop to $19 or so after the next one comes out :)
  4. decator666 Member

No probs...So true...that's why so many have been asking where is the price drop...I suspect it soon also.