Quests With Issues

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Denmum, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Denmum Developer

Today included a code fix so that various quests that were checking your mentored level before offering are now offered based on your actual level. This includes various HQs (These Boots Were Made For ..., The Teachings of Yoru, and others) and various deity quests.

If you run into other quests that are not being offered that "should" be offered based on the expansions unlocked on the server, please make sure to post in the Bug Reports forum and include quest name and mention that this is for Kael Drakkel. Additionally, if you find quests that have an instance that you cannot enter, that should go there too. (It really applies to any bugs that you find, but I'm especially focusing on getting attention on these right now since the code fix went in today.)
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Denmum Developer

The fixes for the archetype-specific instances for the Earring of the Solstice are being tested now, and should be fixed for the next patch (for "Craftsman Errands", "Outfitter Errands" and "Scholar Errands")
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

There is a bug report regarding this (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...low-requires-level-30-on-kael-drakkel.603525/) that's now marked as fixed internally, but for those who don't check other sections - Some of the instances have level requirements that are higher than the external zones they are entered from, removing the ability to enter those instances or do quests in them.

Presumably that means it will also be updated in the next patch?
  4. Spectre Active Member

Frostshadow Tyranodon doesn't work. Did it become a buff only?
  5. Denmum Developer

Sorry, I've no clue on that one, and it would be best to get that up in the bug forum so the right eyes see it.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Denmum Developer

In theory, yes - "Fixed internally" means a designer fixed it and it is ready to go with the next patch. It was a separate fix from the 3 crafting instances (that had some rather unique anti-mentoring coding on the door), so I've less familiarity with that one. :D.
    Breanna and Taled like this.
  7. Spectre Active Member

8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

9. Kenn Well-Known Member

Has anyone started the Troubador epic?

• You must be a level 80 Troubador.

• Ability to speak and understand the following languages:
    • Uruvanian from Words of Air
    • Death's Whisper from The Whispers of Death
    • Druzaic from Words of Pure Magic

• Complete The Poets Palace Access
    I have the language and ran Poets Palace, but still Maestra Orlita doesn't give me a quest start.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Lack of Documentation quest in Paineel showed Mark of Manaar as reward when I got it,. Upon finishing it I did not get the Mark. That mark is the item needed for finishing quest "Let the adventure begin!"

I know we can get more Marks from dailies there, not sure when I get around to doing them, but I wonder what's the issue that prevented the mark from being awarded .
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Today I noticed the Delegate on spire isle had a book above him and found 2 Marks of Manaar in my currency. If that was somehow fixed, or just some weird lag caught up - Thank you!
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Malachy Well-Known Member

Patch done, still can't zone in for Solstice Earring zones such as Library of Light for Scholar Errands. :(
  13. Denmum Developer

The fix didn't make it through QA in time for today's patch, so it is sitting waiting for the next patch.
  14. Leafa Active Member

Denmum, would you also look into the Qeynos City timeline? I've done these quests in the past, but on Kaell server, it's not working really as it should. Many more deaths than on other servers in the past, going in and out of instances repeatedly to try to reset, having to reset a quest to get an npc/pet/scout that was killed by level 90 gnolls (that also one shot me) while I was auto-mentored to 15 in The Caves, and finally stuck without ability to finish Secret Meeting. I could kill one with the game gifted health potion before dying, but not the ones grouped. The 'groups' kill me quickly. I really want to finish this to be able to use the furniture vendor fully ;P but it's hopeless unless there's Dev Love Tweaking.
    Siren likes this.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

Qeynos City Timeline's being borked keeps cropping up on world chat in-game on Kael, too. Glad to see you reporting it here. :)
  16. Pharliquin Member

Qeynos City Racial quests- Mentioned this in Beta testing as well. In past when you did these, regardless of your level the instance you entered would even con. And while somewhat challenging as a solo instance, you did not have to have master spells or uber gear to complete. Maybe a few deaths. On KD beta- the mobs where as much as 3 levels higher than I was and I was zero match. These should be considered entry level quests as they are some of first folks you encounter if just entering your city or Norrath in general. They need to be tamed down when the Dev team gets a chance.
  17. Denmum Developer

Please DO get these up in the Bug Reports forum as per my original post, not in this thread. Make sure to include quest names, so we're not spinning in circles trying to figure out which quest in the line has which what issue. In many cases, I won't be the one to fix them, and they may not get seen by the right people if you post in this thread.
    Siren, Breanna and Chikkin like this.
  18. Kenn Well-Known Member

Issue removed and posted in bug forum.
    Denmum likes this.