Questions for experienced PVP Coercers

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kazz, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Kazz Member

I hope some PVP coercers still exist, haven't seen any for a long time. I don't play a coercer but I am trying to help some people who do so please forgive my novice use of coercer terminology. I understand the Enchanter classes are not supposed to have their pets do significant damage but I am unsure about the following:

1. Is the coercer pet broken or is it working as intended by only casting Mesmerize and an occasional Medusa's Gaze? On a test dummy I see it only casting mez just once every 30 seconds or so. It mostly only autoattacks. Is this how it's supposed to act?

2. Compared to the illy pet, which pet is superior? Does the illy pet cast more spells or does it basically just help mez?

3. In open world PVP, what should the Coercer have as a pet: Possess Essence him/herself or find a mob to charm/PE? Which type of mob is best to have out in the open world for PVP purposes?

4. Is it true that the best AA spec for a PVP coercer is a melee spec? If anyone can link their character for me to look at that would be great.

Thank you in advance for your help.