Questions about VoV premium/collector edition

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Azalyn, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Azalyn New Member

Hi, i'm thinking to return to EQ2, but before buying VoV expansion i would like to know if you can get better or at least equivalent (in terms of stats) mount, merc and familiar than the ones you get from premium edition ?

Also a question about the VoV overseer missions included in collector/premium, what kind of rewards can you get with these missions ?
    Thank you.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Mount: Only touched by the raid mount currently, which is very rare. The raid mount is a chunk better, but the heroic mount is a chunk worse.
    Merc: Forlorn Harbringer is rare but not impossibly so. Can drop from any mission crate, including from the status merchant. There's usually several on the broker.
    Familiar: I've not seen a single celestial familiar outside of the PE. The best I've had in a chest is fabled, and I haven't seen one for several weeks. Rare as rockinghorse s**t. That said, they nerfed the familiar stat boost per level so severely, that last season's celestial is very nearly as good as the PE one.

Overseer mission from the CE/PE is a total waste of time right now. The best you can get in there is a 1hr temp adorn. It's a good temp adorn don't get me wrong, but 1hr doesn't cut it so it's really just junk. There's a hope that when the new overseer season starts, there might be something remotely useful attached to that quest. But seeing as Daybreak generally likes taking your money and kicking you heavily in the balls, there's absolutely zero guarantee of anything.