Questions about Expansions

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Talloss_Dean, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Talloss_Dean Guest

Hi All
    I haven't played EQ for a while now. I'm missing 2 expansions. Valious and Discovery.
    If I upgrade to Age of Discovery is the Valious expansion included or do I have to purchase that one as well?

Thanks in advanced
    Dean
  2. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

Age of Discovery does not come with velious, you'll have to purchase each separately if you want both. AoD is not a typical expansion, it's a features pack, so if you haven't already, I suggest looking up what is included and decide if you want it before purchasing it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

Talloss_Dean wrote:
    Look at it this way ...
    • DOV will continue to release zone content well into 2013 ... so everyone will eventually buy it ...
    • AOD is currently the only way to get an OVERPOWERED Beastlord ... so everyone will eventually buy it ...
    • F2P model will allow some people to "play for free" as long as they don't mind the restrictions ... and will eventually Sub it ..
    Why wouldn't SOE not want you to buy it? They know that the best way to make more money is to give it to everyone for FREE. They have been moving in this direction for the past few years and now its payday for SOE. Under the Sub model you paid a static maqndated amount and got everything. Now, in the F2P model the only limiting factor to how much each person spends monthly is up to them ... and the knowledge that people make bad dumb everyday. Just look at the Research Reducers now available on the formerly Live servers.
  4. ARCHIVED-djshari Guest

I just reactivated my account and was wondering as well, part of the reason I stopped playing last year was that I didn't have the expansion and since I couldn't do a whole lot without it I was hoping to get it with Age of Disc but I guess I will wait for my tax refund and get both :/
  5. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

djshari wrote:
    if you don't mind waiting ... then wait for a Double SC offer and get both for the price of 1.
    F2P have all content up thru but excluding DOV and AOD. there is quite a lot out there to keep you busy until the SC double offer comes, it shouldn't be too long 4 to 8 weeks tops.