Questions about crafting in general

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-yzyh, Mar 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-yzyh Guest

I am from Vanguard. In their doing tradeskill is simply awsome. Ss a lvl 5 Bard I could twink myself doing my own stuff and having no toon over that lvl 5bard and 13Trade Skiller.
    Training in tradeskilling take no money at all (U simply do working order and they give ya the stuff you need to make those). So keeping my tradeskiller lvl a bit over my class lvl to gear myself was easely doable.
    Now I am wondering how different from this, EQ2 tradeskilling is ? Is it a big money investement like in EQ1 ? Is it useless like in EQ1 where to craft an item that would sell 100k U had to farm items required in the recipe for around 10hours. So farming other named that drop items that sell for 100k or so would take round that time.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

First and formost read the stickies!! they are there for a reason.

Some questions answered
    a) You can harvest your own materials to use for your tradeskills, this is adventageous because you aren't paying broker fee's and broker prices to get your materials. Although that is still an option.
    b) recipies are gotten from your tradeskill society usually the vender isn't far from the crafting station, every level you get new recipies. Depending on the tradeskill will depend how many new recipies you get but atleast you will get 1.. (wimper armorer's). THere are also other "books" that you can get from these standard books, that allow you to create master crafted items, and there are essential books that allow you to make adornments for your given tradeskill every 10 levels at 15, 25, 35, ...
    c) Starting your profession, there is a quest that you can get for like 1 copper at the tradeskill area that will walk you through the basic's of harvesting and crafting. This quest is great cause it will get you to level 10 with fairly little effort and you learn the basics fairly well.
    d) Leveling your profession, there will be many opinions on this so I will state my point of view and you can decide for yourself. ME personally I prefer doing writs, they give you bonus Tradeskill XP, faction with the appropriate tradeskill society, status points, and some coin at the end. Now that being said that doesn't mean i completly ignore potiential sales. I will stop and make various stuff and throw it on the broker as i see fit, but usually only doing the things that I know will sell. For example a woodworker would normally make a bunch of totems, arrows, and other stuff that they know would sell(i'm not a woodworker but i've gathered that stuff sells).