(Question) Where does The Adept Etherealist drop?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Semperfifofum, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

IIRC, the Adept books dropped in the POP public quest and the pages dropped in any instance chest. Now that the POP pq is not likely to be run anymore, how would I get a drop of the book? Does it also drop in POP heroics? In CD? Where? I may not be able to interest anyone in running them, but I'm guessing I may be able to duo a few of those now.

I'm trying to work out how to make ascension skill upgrades. I was using Levinbolt as an example to figure it out. For some reason I have two copies of the recipes for Levinbolt, in all formats except Adept. One set is level 100, the other is 110. All versions have a limit of 3 uses. But I can't see that from my recipe book, only when I look at the recipe book before scribing. I can't tell if the spell scroll produced can be traded or if it's instantly used.

Now there's a levinbolt 2 but I don't seem to have those recipe books. Nor do I remember getting them. But someone got them because I see levinbolt 2 journeyman for sale on broker (the scroll, not the illegible page).

There may be a guide out there for making ascension upgrades but I haven't found it. The information in threads like this is out of date: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/ascension-spell-increases.586853/

for just one example, guided ascension

for another, I can craft geomancer wtih a sage now

So confused.
  2. Aeriel Active Member

It is confusing because there are three systems for making ascension spell upgrades, which is why you are seeing level 100 and level 110 recipes for Levinbolt.

The CD expac simplified everything so now sages can make all levels of spell upgrades - Sages Primer volumes 01 - 10 for journeyman and adept; Advanced Sage Studies volumes 01 - 10 for expert, master, grandmaster, celestial and ancient. All use planar energy as fuel and the adept, master, celestial and ancient also need the appropriate illegible scroll page.

So to make adept spells you don't need The Adept Etherealist, Thaumaturgist, Geomancer or Elementalist recipe books, just find a friendly sage.

Levinbolt 2 is in the primer and advanced studies volume 02.

(If you want an explanation for the other 2 systems, the original recipes for ascension spells level 1 - 10 were made by scholars, I can't remember which scholar made which classes but the recipe books for journeyman, expert and celestial are the Bloody Tooth recipe books. They all needed illegible scrolls. There were other recipe drops which I never worked out!

Then in PoP the Journeyman, Adept, Expert, Master, Grandmaster, Ancient Etherealist etc 3 use books were introduced for ascension levels 1 -15. These can be scribed by any level 110 artisan and are three use recipes. They need the appropriate Celestial Teachings as primary ingredient which I found were much more challenging to find than the recipe books!)

Hope that helps
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  3. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I think I have bought a majority of my upgrades on broker although I used to use crafting too, but broker is my major source of ascension upgrades. I sell stuff that I don't need and I buy what I need instead.
    Research is terribly slow but I have found a couple of research progress potions in my bags I now I have one ascension spell at ancient level.
  4. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Oh that explains a lot, thanks, I'll go see what if anything is available from status vendor in CD or other vendors there.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

Yeah stay away from the celestial teaching recipes, they are super hard to get unless you already have. as aeriel said, find a friendly sage and some illegible scrolls from broker or drops (solo, heroic instances in CD or BoL)
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

A note of caution about the scrolls. Always buy a scroll that's 110. Avoid any that are 100. The original scroll system needed 10 of them to make one spell and they rarely dropped. After PoM launched, I believe it was that the system was changed to only need one scroll for adept, master, etc. You may still find some of those original scrolls on the market place, so pay attention to not just description, but what level it is as well. Sometimes we get in a rush and find something we want and buy it only to discover, "oh darn, wrong type of scroll." Don't ask how I know this, haha.
    Semperfifofum and Argosunited like this.
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I did find the books, the Crafting Trainer has them. On an alt, it says you must complete Animating the Inanimate, which is only the first quest in the CD TS series.
  8. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

...has this changed since the launch of the expansion? I vividly remember crafting the ascension spells with the "old" illegible scroll page - and it only requiring (1) one page. It still consumed the other tradtional materials, but I was surprised to see that I could clean out my bank of the onesy -twosey pages I had accumilated in ...KA ? If I remember, I'll go take a look and report back.

...it also might be predicated on the particular recipe book you're using too...meaning: the ones that are available on the recipe vendor..?
  9. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

[IMG]

...now if I was wicked smaht, I could tell you what book I used to do this. As you can see, it is a scroll page - one of the old ones. So 1 will work. Now what recipe book I used... /shrug. The character is a sage, if that helps any. There's a distinct possibility this toon already scribed those old books "The Adept XYZ" etcetera.. but theres no telllin since I'm not so craftery.
    Breanna likes this.