Question on the Game Update Notes...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! It wasn't just me going mad, then, when I noticed the weird materials for those tiers. :-/

And I would do Mastercrafted, but only for Chest/Legs/Rings/Cloak/Weapons/Shield/Hex Dolls, basically just the stuff that could be Imbued. Didn't see any reason to go beyond Handcrafted in the other slots, since those couldn't be kicked up. :-/

Uwk
    who wouldn't "waste" rare mats on furniture making in the past (now, we'll see :-/)... ;->
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

From the March 19th update:

Why? Because it is on the TLE servers? Seriously, what did we do to deserve this? :-/

Can you do us a favor and UNSPAWN those damn things on the real servers, please? Seriously. You go to kill those things before they [don't even bother buying you a drink first, in a group] you, and you find NO "Shadowy Pelt" or whatever the thing is that starts the "get rid of these damn things permanently for this player" way-too-long questline, so you can't get rid of them for that character any more. And since they were originally for the introduction of the Channeler class, I finally made one of those a few months ago (during Frostfell, if memory serves), only to find that Channelers were the only ones who couldn't see them and weren't bothered by them.

They've long since served their purpose, and now they're just there to empower bullies among the devs who like torturing lowbees (well, anyone in the area, since they scale to level, but still), and now with the equipment reduced to suck levels, they WILL "gang up on [anyone]" trying to finish quests in their area (Frostfang Sea, anyone?). Can we please appeal to the devs with a better sense of humanity and GET RID OF THEM??

Uwk
    Ratala, Rhodris and Juraiya like this.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I probably should have been more clear; my characters have been equipped with the Titanium stuff since they hit their 80s, and AT THE TIME it was appropriately marked - and had stats for - level 80. Now it says it's for level 70, which makes NO sense based upon the mats used to make the stuff.

So if any devs come along and think, "Well, it's your fault for equipping them with stuff clearly marked for level 70" then nope, that's not the way it was at all The equipment HAD been an appropriate level before, and this update broke it.

Uwk, there's some nice furniture made from rares, at least at higher tiers. Also, sales crates require rare woods, although they haven't given us any new ones since T9.

When they re-itemized a while back and bumped handcrafted up quite a bit, they made it so there was no more reason to bother with MC. Now there is, but frankly, I don't know why they nerfed handcrafted as much as they did. It looks to me like they've made it as low as body drop equipment, which is just vendor trash. Maybe I'm spoiled by how it was for the last while, but it seems to me that they've been increasing difficulty of overland mobs to match the previous re-itemization, so I don't even want to think about how my characters in handcrafted are now going to have to struggle.

Right now I think I'm going to do a wait-and-see on some of it, before I start re-equipping everyone. If they fix the level problem of the crafted equipment, it might make the difference between completely equipping everyone, or just equipping key items. Since there are 25 characters involved - all in different classes - you can guess that I really don't WANT to have to spend that much time re-equipping all of them.

(Thinks maybe I'll get them up to 90 as fast as I can, and then just get them Velious gear, which does not appear to have been nerfed... yet.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

^^^ This. X 1000.
    Xianthia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Juraiya, I've got 102 toons (two on Fallen Gate in their 10s), and only eight of them are above 90th, adventuring-wise. One's Uwk himself, and another on Maj'Dul. Three of the remainder are on Public Test, where you can kick up a "made at 100th" toon to higher levels by buying an Unlock token (something that's being tested). The others were all kicked up to 100 when I got the recent CE expacs (not CD quite yet...). ;->

I really, really don't want to have to re-do the rest of everyone's equipment... :(

Uwk
    who, just double-checking the spreadsheet, realizes that there's only one toon in his 70s (Test) and one that just now dinged 80 ... the rest are in their 60s, fortunately ('cause by the time they get to that Tier, hopefully the Powers will have fixed the problems)
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! I thought I was the only one being driven crazy by those stupid things. X-P

Uwk
    Rhodris likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What it looks like, after examining other gear, is that they shot down the Handcrafted stuff (and sometimes, even up to and including "Legendary") to less than half of what we could expect from it in the past. It's ridiculous. >:-/

Uwk
  8. Defender of Hedgehogs Member

Subcombines were the devil.

Do the devs (do we have more than one?) ever look at this stuff? I'd love to know what was going through their head(s) when they decided to do this. I'd also like to hear that this is a done deal (and that I should just cope as best I can) before I start fussing with everyone's gear.
    Ratala likes this.
  9. Ratala Active Member

I would like to know why they are making live servers into tle servers. I'm not paying to play on a tle server. I like the live servers because of the stats and such on the armor and weapons the way they were before the 16th. I could level as fast as I wanted or level lock my char to play in my favorite zones. I don't want to be rolled back into time.

Now it just feels like a waste to even bring up little chars to play and also a waste to craft since that is also crap gear anymore. Only reason I see to level up a crafter for the little guys is to fly when you are around level 10. I have much more fun on the little guys just running around exploring and doing things I enjoy. Oh, but maybe we aren't supposed to enjoy the game anymore because that sure feels like that is what the goal is for live servers.

If the change is a push to make non-paying customers pay, I would think it would make them leave the game and also take any money that they would spend in the store away. I know if it isn't changed back my one account will go to free to play or no play at all. I don't have the option to not pay on my main account as I was crazy enough to buy the lifetime, of which we still can't gift.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They are not changing Live servers to TLE. The TLE servers are each new. If you want to play on Live, then you can play on Live.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Not when they are adjusting all the gear stats on Live to match those on TLE. Just like the PvP people complained about instant cloud travel in KoS when it got activated on the then-existent PvP server; and POOF!, suddenly all of the live servers were back to the slow, limited-destination cloud transport system.

Face facts, they have an evident problem isolating TLE (or other specialty server) changes from Live. The two are becoming more and more alike with every update.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

They certainly changed the stinking levels for it. I have several characters in the 87-89 range and I logged them after they released Velious on Fallen Gate (or there about, when they did the gear pass for that) and most of them are naked. I had to go into town and make them some handcrafted stuff to last them until they were 90 and could re-equip the stuff they'd already looted and had been wearing.

I can't even begin to express to DB just how sick I am of the negative annoying stuff from TLE leaking over to the standard servers. We play the standard servers NOT the TLE servers for a reason.

I'm glad there are TLE's. Some of the things that have come because of them are great (reintroduction of the isles and the near future reintroduction of the city 'burbs) but too much of the annoying stuff is leaking over. Standard servers didn't need low level gear nerfed. They didn't need prestige tags on heritage quest rewards. Just annoying.
    Rhodris and Juraiya like this.
  13. Juraiya Well-Known Member

^^This. 100% this. To all of it.
    Rhodris likes this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

I suspect that, having bolted on so much pay to win onto the live end game in an attempt to get all those grandfathered silver free players to pay some money, that many people have just begun rolling alts once they hit around L95 instead.

So....now they're restructuring the early levels (and making HQ items gold sub only) to nudge the free players into subbing, or feeling the heat if they don't (by making the gear they can equip weaker and the mobs stronger).

Let's face it, though, folks: You could previously wear greys from 20 levels ago and tap an even con mob and it was dead. I always assumed Daybreak was doing that precisely to rocket people to the end game so they'd feel compelled to spend some money to level ascensions, mounts, grandmasters+ etc.
    Breanna likes this.