Question on spells

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Dragmar, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Dragmar Guest

So I made a guardian and began leveling him up , what was odd is I didnt get any taunts . Level by level I figured maybe next level Ill get some but I never did . The only way I got them is to buy them off the broker and mem them . so far im missing intercept , shout and provoke . My question is , is this normal or a bug . if it is a bug is it being fixed? how many more spells/abilities am I missing or will be missing as I level so I know what to look for.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ruut Li Guest

Have you looked in your knowledge book? there should be tabs for abilitites, spells, combat arts, and research. Easiest is to go to research and sort by level. You will see what arts and spells you've got autmatically. Perhaps you dont have room for them on hotbars and hence havent seen them?
  3. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

That actually isn't a bug. A few updates back, the devs removed the first few ranks of fighter taunts from the auto-grant list because very few people group before level 20 or so, and he wanted to minimize the number of useless abilities new characters receive in order to make things simpler for new players. You will begin getting your taunts auto-granted eventually, sometime after level 20.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

Just to add, you can still find these spells as drop/crafted items.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dragmar Guest

they are not in my spell book at all is what im saying . I have to either a. phisicaly buy them or b. have them drop and mem them to get them otherwise they do not exist. thats what I found so odd .
  6. ARCHIVED-romulis Guest

I started a monk the other day and was runing around and got his AE taunt from a chest drop just scribed it like learning a higher rank of a spell and i got it. so assuming if ya want it pre 20 you have to buy it.