Question on Heroic AA tree

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Laereneth, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Laereneth Guest

Greetings all, I'm recently back to EQ2 after an extended time off and just unlocked my Herioc AA tree on my Guard. But with the changed game mechanics, I'm not sure which ones are preferable, as they all look good. Most specifically which to take from the first two tiers. I don't have the time to raid, so I'm just running top end instances with RL friends/guild.
    Should I look at the stats, ability mod or health/power AA on the first tier? And Potency, crit or reuse on the second tier?
    I thank you in advance for your time and feedback!
  2. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

Laereneth wrote:
    I do not have my game open yet as I am at work so the names may be wrong but the positioning is correct:
    First line: You typically cannot go wrong with health but for heroic instances your prob gonna net more gain of the stat increase for greater auto attk damage (thusly gaining more aggro) - choice one (first from left).
    On second line I'd go full re-use (far right) to get your stone skin timers back fast, and then plop 8 in Crit bonus (middle choice) for more damge with every crit.
    On the third I'd max experienced insight for the extra hate + CC immunities (first choice)
    On the 4th line I'd take partisian cleave for more aoe damage.
    The 10 remaining points I'd bump up potency or ability mod as your not gonna find alot of ability mod at the heroic level.
    If you want to be extra defensive you could put 10 points in the last choice 3rd line to increase damage reduction abilities but you most likely wont need that much defense for heroic content with a solid healer or two so ability mod/pot is prob more bang for your buck.
    Others may feel free to disagree but please elucidate as to whyso as to give the poster a valid logical arguement to go one way or the other.
  3. ARCHIVED-Laereneth Guest

Thank you very much for your reply, Plaguemeister! It's quite a good timing too, as with this xp bonus weekend, I just broke into the heroic tree and was contemplating where to put them.
    I found the stat AA advice to be particularly interesting. I did some math, removing and replacing a piece of gear with STR and calculated the damage increase on one of my larger hitting abilities based off the STR on the item. At first it appeared that the AM netted a greater increase, but I had not taken auto attack into consideration. Very good point.
    Thanks!