Question from a returning ranger

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-HarlequinJD, Apr 13, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-HarlequinJD Guest

I've got a level 77 ranger with a Bow of Flame, and I'm just returning to the game. Previously quit before the Shadow Odyssey timeline came out, and obviously never got my Epic bow as I'm not 80. Playing recently, it seems like it's going to be an uphill climb to find groups to do Seb with for the faction grinding and such, and I haven't seen too many requests for the Shadow Odyssey stuff at this point. My question: should I just concentrate on leveling up and pick up a T9 MC set of items at this point? Is there a bow now in T9 that is more desirable than the Epic? Thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-glowsinthedark Guest

There are bows that are roughly as good, but you will be missing out on the base auto attack damage increase from the myth. Best bet is get some levels, go back and solo the mobs when they are green/grey, and finish the fabled, then do the epic repercusions quest to convert the bow so you can have the buff and the eneverated bow (which is still really good)
  3. ARCHIVED-HarlequinJD Guest

glowsinthedark wrote:
    Thanks. This is really helpful. What level do you think I need to complete the Epic solo? I'm working on the Reet faction right now and I haven't been able to get a Seb group together in the few weeks I've been back, so I moved on to Ykesha to gain some xp. If only we were easier to solo with..lol.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ixtril Guest

Have Faith, you're getting to the point where soloing becomes much easier for a ranger. Places like Seb really aren't great ranger turf though. It'll be amazing what a few levels will do for you in there though.
    Some of the post 80 gear is VERY nice and will make solo life in Seb far easier. As to what level to do it at? Seems to me the Seb mobs and most epic quest mobs are 80-84. That would leave me to suggest 84, as then you can put on the 84 MC and use some of the faction jewelry in SF. With enough AAs and the right setup you should be able to blow through it then.
    I remember working on my epic with my guildies. We broke ourselves on the *$^#% Wumpus over and over. We wound up needing help from a couple raider friends and some non grouped healers to make it through.
    Not too long ago I was very excited when another guild ranger finally hit 80 ... REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!
    It was a little anti-climatic. I was able to solo the wumpus for him, (Still 80, this is before SF). He was cake. So its amazing the difference gear and aas make.
  5. ARCHIVED-glowsinthedark Guest

Yeah, wumpus is annoying when you aren't geared, but once you are geared up its pretty easy to kite him