Question for sages and jewelers

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Anash, Nov 25, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Anash Guest

Hello all, I am wondering what exactly you put out to sell as a Sage and a Jeweler. I am especially stuck on the Sage, especially the Adept IIIs. Anyone have some suggestions on what sells and what to steer clear from wasting time and money. Thanks in advance !
  2. ARCHIVED-Swordmage Guest

I just make one of each app 4 spell in my current level range and replenish the ones that sell (assuming I haven't moved on to the next tier by the time I have made one of each). I price at what I think is a reasonable return for my crafting and harvesting time and trash the few that just don't sell at all.
    If I were to start selling Adept IIIs, I would probably look through the class forums looking for spell upgrade threads (I know both the conjuror and necro forums have very complete discussions of what is worth upgrading and how far--watch out for the Master 2 favorites).
    You really need to take the time to understand your target market (you might want to concentrate on a few classes to start). You need to learn what they want and you need to see how the market on your server is responding to the demand.
  3. ARCHIVED-Chaosfairie27 Guest

Honestly, for Adept III's, I don't even bother making them and putting them on the broker. Most people have a sage in guild that will make the spell for free with their rare. So you'd really have to gage rare prices and price the Adept III's just above the rare or else most people are not willing to buy it when they can have it made and usually people will tip you more anyways! I made a couple of spells once and placed them on the broker and they sat, no joke, for at least 2 weeks and I only priced them at about 5 gold above the current rare price.
  4. ARCHIVED-themixmonkeyx Guest

I know someone who (prior to RoK) used to keep 1 of every 56-70 Mage/Priest spell on the broker at any one time, and makes a ton of money. If one sells, he replaces it. Some probably dont sell, and the popular ones just replaced and sold again. He went afk for a week one time and came back to 90plat sitting in his broker box. An indication of how much money he was making.

This method of course does need a pretty hefty investment...but as they say, you have to spend money to make money.