Question for developers

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by AlexQ, Dec 21, 2020.

1. AlexQ New Member

As you know, players are divided into 4 types:
    • Non-stop players or may be who interrupts a gaming session for several months
    • Toon
    • Returning after many years
    • Newcome
    Since I do not have access to statistics, I dare to assume that the bulk of players - 1, 2, 3 types. But it’s not important.
    Also, for each type of player (most for 2-4 type) headache occurs:
    • Get max lvl (for ~90-95%)
    • Find spells
    • Get cloth
    • Find way to enjoy the game
    To some extent, for almost every headache, there are two ways to solve problems - time or buy for DB. Sometime for something DB give real-gift (I'm sure many people appreciated) – you can buy from NPC spell from EPIC 2 or make questline for 2-4 hours like was with EPIC 1 (well spell from questline it was SOE).
    For example – LVL up – you have two ways:
    • spend time for UP on desert zones
    • on the marketplace, as well as with expansions, a level boost is distributed together, the purpose of which is so that players of each type can immediately join 99% of the community (there are practically no players at levels 1-110).
    Another example–spells (I’m speak about Master-Ancient) – you have three ways
    • get from loot
    • research in real time or get some boost from lootbox
    • buy for DBcash
    After solving one or more headaches players proceed to 4 headache occurs – find way – it’s can be group or raiding (doesn’t matter in guild or on freeway).
    However, as the experience of the returning player has shown, one of the obstacles to full integration into society is the mechanics that were integrated into the game in 2017 or 2018 - related to fervol. To achieve comparable parameters with players who played constantly, the returning player needs to get the blue runes from addons that are not of interest to other players. It may have been possible to get the blue runes in the first months after the release of BoL, but now, when the bulk of the players are interested in opening the Prestige AA, this is becoming a real problem that prevents further experience in the game (be it heroic instances, or be it raids).
    And at the moment, this headache is solved in only one way. Interestingly, this headache was voiced earlier on this forum – December - February 2020.

So the question is – do you plan make box with runes with fervor \ spells from AoK on marketplace? Something like box with all for 500-2000 Dbcash. I don’t think Its P2W – most people make this when was current expansion for other it’s will be good choose. It’s saved time for 2-4 type of players. Also, rune can be renamed (identification of who bought and who by diligence) of course if you don’t plan make one-hand items with 2 blue runes.

In my opinion, this does not in any way infringe on the rights of the players who got them earlier, when I repeat, these were actual expansions, but it will make it easier to find or grow players (alt's) for whom the only limitation for RoS will be the availability of items and spells.

Thanks.
  2. AlexQ New Member

3. LastActionJackson Member

Hehe, this text sounds like it comes from Google Translate. This issue is a toss up. The game benefits existing players by giving them an advantage in the subsequent expac through items such as runes, ethereal grind items, or late game update currency.

But I do understand the frustration of returning players who do not have access to such upgrades to compete at the highest level. They need to be able to acquire those needed items through DBC or a similar grind with current content. Thus if it took 8 weeks to get an item in the prior expac, returning players should be able to acquire the item through 8 weeks a similar grind in current content.
  4. AlexQ New Member

well, yes - most part was with googleT;)
    For returning people its like a wall for explore new content in group or in raid. And 'returne' can be not like "old friends help you"..because 95-100% leave.