Question concerning the new expansion.

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Knightofmagik, Nov 2, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Knightofmagik Guest

I just preordered the VoA Expansion. I ordered the $39.99 Standard edition. If I read the details correctly I believe that I will also get the (DoV) last expansion along with this one. Please let me know if I read this correctly. Thanks, Tuggie (Butcherblock Server)
  2. ARCHIVED-CliveEvenstar Guest

I believe VoA is a EverQuest 1 xpac, has nothing to do with EQ2.
  3. ARCHIVED-Knightofmagik Guest

You are correct. I sure messed that one up. Thanks
  4. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Knightofmagik wrote:
    Perhaps - but if your question is still a good one when applied to AoD for EQ2.
  5. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

6. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Ouch. Yeah don't mix em up folks...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

ouch... i still find it hard to believe that people still play eq1.. i got nostalgic and went back .. my rogue was camped at theris thule still... and i didnt have a gate... so i kinda didnt know what to do anymore lol.. its been like 7 years! so i made a new ranger... and remembered why i quit... swing... ...... ..... ..... ... ... swing............. ................. .......... swing........... oh cast a nuke... oh crap i dont have a fire beetle eye..../camp...
  8. ARCHIVED-Pewtriid Guest

HEHE! I was going to go back check out my toons that are stuck in original Norrath. The only things I remember about the account, though, is the account name and the name of a couple toons on the account. Oh, and I know the address I was at when I was playing EQ1 :) I guess I could call customer service, but without remembering anything else about the account than what I posted above (well, that and my own name), I'm not so sure I could recover it.

On the other hand, I remember the "Oh crap! I don't have the <insert spell component here>.....I'm gonna die!" times quite well. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-CeJae Guest

The real difference is that the EQ1 expansion actually contains content!
  10. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Pewtriid wrote:
    CS is very helpful with recovering an account, there are many ways that they can verify it.
    If you know the last 4 numbers of the credit card that is (at least for me) an immediate win. I would also imagine that if you have the code (feature code, unlock code etc) that came on the original purchase or any expansion they could do it that way as well.
  11. ARCHIVED-sorie67 Guest

I hope we will be able to buy a box version in a store.
  12. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

sorie67 wrote:
    Considering they are making the game free to download and play I am betting they do away with boxed versions. Saves them having to market the game and get it into stores (so no shipping costs either, as well as no cost for making cd's, boxes, manuals etc etc etc).
  13. ARCHIVED-gardee Guest

I will probally get some real snooty snobbie replies here as normal.
    The next expansion, which yes I have pre-ordered I just hope the Increase of AA (Alternative Advancement) that SOE really makes it worth while Increasing, by that I mean the amount they settle on increase , of at least 100 - 150 or more make us work harder and longer and not another temp fix that is just becomes a mask of a money grab like the increase in lvl of a huge 10 lvls of the last meagre attempt to satisfy us paying members that lvl increase was waisted effort should have been at least 50 lvls as some players reached that within 1 to 2 weeks .
    So I'd like to see next expansion have a decent amount of much higher maximum included to ad a bit longer life to it
  14. ARCHIVED-Kerahzey Guest

Why in the name of God can't you tell us if all or part of the game will launch on November 30th. We need to know now not the day before. I am trying to make plans and your lack of communication is ruining everything. For the last 6 years I have planned vacation time and now I am all messed up. I wish I could say some nasty things here but I can't. You folks at SOE should be ASHAMED of yourselves for letting things get like this. TELL US NOW IF THE XPAC WON'T LAUNCH ON THE 30TH NOVEMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. ARCHIVED-SgtPmpkn Guest

Ormeelire@The Bazaar wrote:
  16. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Ormeelire@The Bazaar wrote:
    The closest you're likely to get to an answer is what SJ posted a bit back when asked the same question.
    SmokeJumper wrote:
  17. ARCHIVED-Jajalilie Guest

but does the new expansion includes the older ones like they always have been, i hear only vage rumours about it.
  18. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

There has been official word on that Jajalilie. AoD will not include DoV, so DoV will have to be purchased seperately. All expansions before DoV will be included for free to all players as part of their F2P conversion.
  19. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

gardee wrote:
    As they aren't adding any new abilities [FF], nor are they increasing the limit on the Heroic tree [FF], what would you spend these 100, 150, or more points on? I'd be surprised if it's even as high as 50.