Question about Tinkering

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Leafbringer, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Leafbringer Guest

I asked this somewhere before, but after the forum changes, I don't know how to find it - hehe - anyway, here's my problem and question: I chose Tinkering as a secondary profession with my Conjurer/Sage who had already gotten Sage up into the 150's or so ... anyway, as I began my tinkering, I noticed I never got any chances to "counter". Although I bought the tradeskill skills (the counters), and I was all prepared and ready to wail on them to counter negative effects and get the skill going ... no negative effects ever come up while I'm tinkering, so the skills seem useless. I've now tinkered to about level 20 and still no counter possibilities. Not only does this detract from the usual fun of crafting, it makes it extremely hard (almost impossible) to make well-crafted items. Is this bugged, is this just how tinkering works ... ? Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xadius Guest

You won't have to counter anything on tinkering and transmuting, you will, however still use those buffs though to make your combines. Those buffs will determine how fast you finish and to what level you make the item.
  3. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

"Level" of the item does not matter in Tinkering and Transmuting (and you're right, there are no events to counter). The advantage to getting to the 4th bar is more resources are returned to you. So if you're in a hurry, make 'em all "crude". If you're frugal, make them all "Pristine".
  4. ARCHIVED-Truls Guest

Also the "level" to which you make an item does not seem to have any affect on whether you get a skillup or not. I made most of my tinkered items to the "crude" lvl for efficiency sake ... might have tried harder if it gave loams back lol. Transmuting, on the other hand, I always hammer away at the skills to try and get pristine to get as many of those precious resources back as possible lol.
  5. ARCHIVED-Leafbringer Guest

All great information, thanks guys.