Question about Shadow Prospecting

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Elinea, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Elinea Well-Known Member

It was stated somewhere (can't remember where) that having the previous expansion crafting timeline done wasn't going to be a requirement, but a few extra steps might be necessary. Is there a way to obtain the shadow prospecting skill in this expac without having to run the last expac crafting timeline? I ran Blood of Luclin crafting timeline so many times it's not funny. Now that I have some new toons that I used the 120 tradeskill boost on, I REALLY don't want to go back and do the timeline from the last expac again. Please tell me there's a way to get it in Reign of Shadows?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Not sure since mine all have it already, but I will say that Shadow Prospecting is going up from harvesting (albeit very slowly) in RoS. Not sure if you have to start the BoL line to get the initial points into it first.
  3. Elinea Well-Known Member

Answered my own question.

[IMG]

In the Nexus, near the Echo Cavern door, for anyone else looking.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Nice and how did you get your Merchant Window to be dark green? I like that! And why does it say Merchant? Mine says Market at top. Is this a particular Merchant somewhere? Oh I get it = it's from Hulda Flintbraid the merchant. So I will have to go to her with my L120 Char.
  5. Elinea Well-Known Member

It's actually Runner Bunkin, right beside Hulda. The green window is from using DarqUI, it's got different color schemes you can choose from.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Elinea Well-Known Member

Also discovered an "extra step". Since Nuniun is featured in the Blood of Luclin crafting timeline, I was thrown for a loop when I arrived at his little area and was asked to make a Rockhopper 3 egg omelet. I thought the quest was bugged, until I realized I was given the ingredients to make it, and this is an extra step.
    Breanna likes this.