Question about mercenaries stat/skill

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ginrummy, May 27, 2021.

1. Ginrummy Member

Im reading the EQ2 page about "Are You Returning to Everquest II?":

Mercenaries do not gain the benefits of Adornments, Item Sets, or Effects on their worn items.

What stats on an Item effect the mercenarie? What shall I be looking for that benefit him? (or her)
    Ex. A Spiderbite Coif as an head item with mitigation at 45, 6 primary attributes, 6 stamina and 2 combat skills.

Im looking at my mercenaries stats while dressing him with this level 10 cap and the mitigation doesn´t change but the primary attributes and stamina does. The Avoidens also changes. What shall I look for about the "Combat skills"
    Does the combat skills effect the avoidens? The Avoidens change is not equal to the combat skill number. (maybe in percent?)

There is an example on the page about an accolade item that have 5 different stats in yellow and 8 different stats in light blue colors.
    Is that the answer I should be looking for on all items? The yellow and blue colors? The mitigation always display in white color and apparently does not give any benefits.

I understand that there is no need to imbue my mastercrafted gear for the mercenarie because that only puts an "effect" on the item.
    And I dont need to prefer a plate armor instead of a leather armor because of the mitigation difference?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Mercenaries use Strength as their primary stat, regardless of class. They use all the regular stats, just not the blue effects I think it is.
    Ginrummy likes this.