question about kronos

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Di Wahn, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Di Wahn New Member

I've read around a little, and does getting a krono get you gold status for 30 days, then drops down to silver after its over?
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

That's what I understand. It's 30 days of Gold subscription time, when it's over you go back to F2P.
  3. Di Wahn New Member

I assumed as much, but does your account go from F2P -> gold -> F2P or F2P - > Gold -> Silver(which is also F2P)?
  4. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Again, not the authority on it, but I understand it goes back to the level you can have when you are not paying for your account...whichever one that is. You'd still keep any unlocks you'd bought or upgrades you purchased individually...just wouldn't have the same freedom the Gold account has.

It's like a utility bill. You stop paying your electric bill, they shut it off. Same thing with the Gold membership
  5. Detonation New Member

Does anyone know if we still get 500 SC? I was looking that Krono was 1 month to All Access too, which means I can get it for 17.99 instead of 19.99 if I renew via EQ2
  6. mavet New Member

I don't think so - doesn't make economic sense for SOE - they'd be losing money. But I could be wrong.
  7. Di Wahn New Member

so do you keep all the race/classes that unlock with it?

I'm asking on behalf of a friend, I had plaid back in 2005, and didn't pick it back up till yesterday, I was a silver account, and had all the classes except the beastmaster one, she only had the 2 basic ones after making a new account. I just want to know if she'll keep the races/classes unlocked when her gold sub ends, I understand not keeping quests/bags/etc
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

I get my accounts paid a year at a time, so it costs ~$10US/month, and I get my 500SC each month (as well as 3 goblin tickets and 5 LON packs). Yeah, I have to come up with ~$120US when it is due, but it is cheaper than any other option.

The free SC only comes with a recurring subscription, though, so a one month sub paid with a krono would not apply.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Having a gold subscription does not unlock classes and races for the account if it goes down to silver/bronze later (you're subject to the restrictions of whatever your 'current' level of subscription is, reguardless of what it might have been in the past.). If, while bronze/silver the classes or races where unlocked permanently, however.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

As a silver player, you'll only have all the classes if you had made one of each of the classes prior to the game going f2p. And even then, it would be only those characters, not the class/race. So if you wanted to make another, and it's one of the locked classes/races, you couldn't play it even though you already have one that's playable, until you unlock the class and/or race. This is called Grandfathered characters. You are also automatically silver if you had an account prior to f2p.

You can still see them all on the creation screen though. It sounds like you misunderstood what your friend meant. As a bronze player (an account made after f2p went live), you are restricted to those 2 classes it seems (I've only ever had silver or gold so can't confirm). With silver you have 4 classes, plus any characters that are grandfathered. Gold gives you access to all (but beastlords that come with AoD), but only while you are gold, then it returns back bronze/silver restrictions.

All unlocked classes and races remain unlocked permanently.

$5 is well worth it for silver status. This is permanent.