Question About Furniture Recipes

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, May 9, 2022.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I have been trying to follow the EQ2 Traders guide for tradeskillers but a lot of the quests don't involve getting recipes or furniture as a reward. Has anyone written up a guide to get the most furniture recipes and furniture rewards currently available?

I don't care about quests for other trades, beyond carpenter, unless furniture or a furniture recipe is involved. I see lots of furniture, in players' houses, I don't have recipes for, or haven't obtained as a reward, that I would love to get. The broker is a joke thanks to plat duping and I hate to keep decorating houses with the same furnishings over and over.

So if a guide is available, or someone would make a guide, it would be awesome. Even a guide that helps get the more off-beat furniture and rarer recipe books would be great because somehow, even though I've been crafting and decorating, since the early days of the game, I've missed out on a lot of furniture that is available.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I don't know a guide like that, but eq2furniture.com is my guide.
    Lera works hard to update this website and enter all relevant information and images about all things that can be placed at home. If the items are crafted, or plundered or bought or quested it is noted at the bottom of the examine window for each item, including names of quests or names of vendors and location if it applies.

That website in connection with eq2 wiki to look up quests needed is a godsend to decorators community.
    Chaeli, Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  3. Kethryl Active Member

Assuming Lera has a database that has all of the items they have identified, and can tell whether they were crafted or purchased, would it be theoretically possible for Lera to then extra a list of all the recipe books involved in the crafting? Is there a way to engage Lera to suggest such a thing?
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

/tell Antonia_Bayle.Lera
  5. elflover Well-Known Member

Recipe books are on the site if that's what your asking
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

if you're on eq2furniture.com, which opens by default on the very first Tab that is Search tab, and click on Category drop down menu, Recipes is one of them. Choose Recipes and click search.
    You will see 700+ recipe books, and what's more fun almost everything on those individual windows is a link. So you can click on item in a recipe book and it will open a detailed item examine window, names of NPC's are also links, which will upon clicking show you all recipes (those related to furniture/house items) that NPC sells.

Lera's built a truly awesome and complex database, that should come with a warning about possibly losing track of time when browsing it.
    Kethryl, Twyla and Almee like this.