Question about free 2 play and classes.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Rolles, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Rolles New Member

So I was thinking.. seeing on the 21st we will be getting triple SC, I want to take advantage and buy some classes that are not included in the free 2 play version.

So what my question is... Say I buy a class with SC but my account is free 2 play, will i be able to actually play that class without getting a monthly sub?
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

If you buy an unlocker for a class on free or silver account levels you will be able to create a charater of that class.

If you betray later to the opposing class and havent unlocked that class your charater we not be able to be played untill you unlock that class.
  3. Ivory Member

Yes unlocking a class or race will allow you to play them. A monthly sub will unlock all of them. You will still be limited to same amount of characters you can create though. I don't remember what the limits were but I think you start with 2 for Bronze and 4 for Silver?
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Gold gives 7 character slots.
    Also, if you go gold for a month, make a race/class that is 'restricted' and then drop down to silver. Any character of race/class that is not free and hasn't been unlocked while playing bronze/silver will be locked.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what classes are f2p?

I thought it was 4 (Guardian, Inquisitor, Wizard, Swashbuckler) but the site says 8 classes are free now.
  6. Ivory Member

Guardian/Berserker Wizard/Warlock Swashbuckler/Brigand Templar/Inquisitor
  7. Natsume Member

WHAT? I was just planning on doing that... That's not fair at all, can I get a source please?
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't have the link of the thread.. especially considering it was before the new forums, but it does make sense. You only get the 'perks' of a gold membership while you're paying the sub. Otherwise a 'one time' $15 fee for a month of gold would unlock all the gold perks premanently.
  9. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I would just pay the monthly subscription. You will end up nickle and diming yourself to death with unlockers, IMO
  10. Ivory Member

That depends on his play style and time available to play. If you only play on the weekends and aren't looking to run Heroics or Raid, then the F2P system offers players a lot of options. Unlock class or two and a few inventory slots and you could be good for months. Although I would highly recommend that you upgrade to Silver and for only $5 its well worth the money.