Question about buffs.

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Jjenjjer, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Jjenjjer Guest

With only 5 concentration points, at level 18 I have 3 group buffs plus a single target buff. At level 20 I will have 3 group buffs, wolfform, and a single target buff, From their it just seems to get worse.

My question is, do buffs begin to overwrite each other, do we get more concentration eventually? From looking at the slightly inaccurate spell list it seems we have some buffs which have similar effects, but don't look like "upgrades".

What are some of the higher level wardens using? Do you even bother with courage anymore? Vigor? Heck, just seems that the concentration resource is a bit too limited. I s'pose my main issue is that there doesn't seem to be "situational" buffs, unlike my monk, where I could go thundering fists if not tanking and brawler stance when tanking, leaving me just enough concentration to intervene on one person. The warden looks like he will be maxed out on buffs and still have half a tray of buffs sitting unused..

Sorry if this is a strange question, just trying to gauge what folks are doing now.
  2. ARCHIVED-intoranat Guest

You'll have more buffs than you have the concentration to maintain them. The trick is to cast the buffs that are either stronger than the 2nd healer, the 2nd healer will now have to cast the left over buffs, etc. If you're the only healer in the group, then pick your best 3 and go with it, usually I use my last two buffs for Wolf form, and Vigor for my self.
  3. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

In a group as the sole healer at level 27 I still find the now con grey Courage buff to be a far superior choice for the group over a solo cast of Vigor. I mean you have to take courage buff and times its effect by 6 group members and it's obviously the better choice unless you're having power troubles. I think right now Im using Courage, Wolf Form, Wild Spirit, Vendure (or however you spell it), and Willow Skin. If another Priest comes along they're often casting courage themselves so Ill switch to using Vigor on myself if that's the case.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cadamus Guest

Its important to keep in mind what other classes can do, also. For example, IIRC clerics end up with a better courage than we do. So I ususally try to make sure that a group cleric has cast courage, then I just add something else. This game more than any other requires communication between healers, we just have to get used to it. I am starting to understand how important teamwork is going to be...

Cad
  5. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

Once you get deep enough into your subclass though you'll probably be useing buffs exclusive to your subclass.... Priest and class spells like Courage and Vigor will fall off, it's inevitable. The only communication you will need then as far as buffing goes is if you group with a healer of your same subclass. I agree you should communicate on how best to handle heals, although as a Druid type I usually just the Cleric reactive heal or the Shaman ward and I cleanup the messy leftover damage if there is any while using Thorns and my other 3 minute buff on the main tank... perhaps even DOT and nuke a little on the side, power permitting.
  6. ARCHIVED-intoranat Guest

Yeah it's true that Courage would be a better choice overall, but mine is almost always overwritten by someone and got tired of recasting the now gray-level spell. Vigor gives me more power for extra heals that came in handy when things went sour. And Imo, everyone should have Willow Skin up at all times, that spell is A+.