Questing / Raiding for old mythical items, where to find?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by The-Plethora, Aug 5, 2020.

1. The-Plethora Active Member

Mythical items have always been the most interesting in the game and so I have been on a bit of a mission to try and obtain some of the older ones with cool effects. Does anyone know any raid mobs that drop these? I have checked a few places online and whilst you can view mythical items its always a bit vague as to what they drop from.
    I have heard there is a boss in the rum cellar raid that drops something but I haven't seen it yet. A few things I have so far.
    Avatar items, not having much luck with these I only see one or two up reliably, are all avatars still in game?
    [IMG]

I have been in the old drunder raids and got most of the stuff, I think I am still missing a mage 2 hander here. I have the obsidian war scimitar on another character but you cant pass it through shared bank.
    Also I did the quest for plane of war so I can finally fight rallos zek. I currently have around 12 of the 24 class cloaks
    [IMG]

I just picked up the mythical bracelet from the Djinn masters prism (Fabled)
    [IMG]

I have the usual stuff like mythical on my Warlock and Opposing class Wizard, tradeskill mythical, wing of fenin and liquified magic. Is there any other stuff that people know of that can be picked up off old mobs to expand my collection? I want to see what other cool stuff I can get.

I know in the old old days (really old days) there was some sort of fountain house item that I think was the first mythical drop in the game and following that there was Chel Draks tooth from Chel Draks chamber and the direvine matron in mystic lake dropped the matrons heart mythical but I believe these were purely server first kill drops never to be seen again.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

All of these ABSOLUTELY drop from the level 77x4 Avatar of War that may occasionally spawn outside of Deathfist Citadel in Zek. The level 88x4 avatars have been removed from the game along with their loot tables (including two brawler gis that I need to add to my collection-- Devs, let's talk about this please, it's for a good cause), but the Avatar of War in Zek still spawns. I have the server discovery on the Robe of Al'Kabor and a few of the others listed here.

The weapons from the gods in Drunder still drop them, but you might have to farm them a few times before they actually drop. You have to collect both Sullon's Wrath and Sullon's Vengeance, then examine the Sullon's Focus staff that drops off trash mobs and attach the axes to create Sullon's Vengeful Wrath.
    Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not all super cool appearance items are mythical. There were some pretty cool weapons that dropped in Kingdom of Sky regular raids. Heck, Darathar's prismatic weapons were among the items I'd want in my "cool weapons" collection.

The very first mythical drops were from one-time world events, though. People who killed the dragons that invaded Norrath at the start of KoS, etc. It was one and done, in other words.

Personally, if I were going to do this, I'd start with EQ2U's Item Search. Look for MYTHICAL tier, and narrow by type such as WEAPON (to avoid the highest level spell books in the results). If there is crowd-sourced info as to where a thing drops, then that info will be on the item's page. Sometimes if there is a quest or collection involved, that will be listed on the page. At a worst case, you can see the level of the weapon and the dates of discovery, and using those values you can figure out at least which expansion to hunt.
    Doobius40504, Argosunited and Breanna like this.