1. Sargran Member

I am looking for some input on which class to pick for a quester. I plan on mostly solo and try to clear all the major quest lines if not zones and really slow down and enjoy the quests and game as a whole. I have a wizard and warden, which while fun do struggle somewhat in the soloing arena (wizard) or are fairly boring to me (warden). I have no issues with using mercs as I go but despite that am very torn between a few classes....

Monk
    Paladin
    Beastlord

I will be honest that I am leaning beastlord since tanking has always been a somewhat daunting thing for me but I don't know much about them and since the forum upgrade I can't really go back looking through old info to see how they fair soloing.

Thank you for any input!
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

I would advise the Monk/Paladin options. Tanks tend to solo well and those two can also deal decent damage and heal themselves.

The only good note to BL's are that they also heal but only in Spiritual stance which lowers their damage. I have yet to meet a monk who can't solo decently though. I solo'd a Paladin.

I basically would say roll a D6 and say.
    1-2: Roll a Monk
    3-4: Roll a Paladin
    5-6: Roll a Beastlord

:D they all can solo just from my experience BL's are the hardest to solo with. I have not played one though.
  3. crazyeyes321 Active Member

If you plan to mostly solo, you will be tanking in some form or another at one time or another depending on how well your merc does. I would recommend the monk though, as the ability to feign death can be a godsend for someone who wants to simply explore the game.
    Estred likes this.
  4. Sargran Member

Well it seems I should at least cross beastlord off my list. I know swash's are able to tank as well, do they come anywhere near paladins or monks? I am just thinking the stealth and tracking would be most handy for questing in general.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

They do not come near the tank capacity of Paladin's or Monks. If you play I believe a Kerran you get Track as a racial ability though.
  6. crazyeyes321 Active Member

Monks get the ability to become invisible in the 40s I think it is. Certain races start with track ability. Kerran, Half elf, wood elf, maybe one or two more.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

Several races come with track. I know Wood Elves, Half Elves, Halflings & Kerrans all can track. There might be another race too.

Any races that don't come with track can always just buy scrolls from SC if you really feel like you need the ability. And anyone can buy and use invis/stealth totems.

Of the classes you listed, I'd pick Monk. Feign death anytime you want it or need it is mighty useful. Feign Death is handy.