Quest: Going Home won't start for me.

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by kilcan, May 6, 2018.

1. kilcan New Member

I am trying to do my Mage Epic 2.0 I am on the "Find a Healer Who Can Help Vasith One Eye". I need to speak to Osh in the Great Divide. Ok. I realized I never finished the otter line. So I did the entire Othmir line in the Great Divide all the way through the Lodizal Shell Sheild. Nada. So I went to Cobalt Scar. I did:
    The Lost Othmir
    The Rock
    Shellfish Ambasador
    The Scar.
    At this point Osh is standing on his rock and when I hail him he says "I believe it is time to go". But does not give me the quest "Going Home". I have tried going down to the spot on the beach to see if he is there and he is not.

I cannot do the other Othmir quests in Cobalt Scar as none of the other Othmir named in that line are where they are supposed to be.

I can't progress in my epic without this apparently.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Let me see if I can help you, Kilcan.

For your progression through Cobalt Scar, you'll need to complete "The Scar", "Merrik's Mission" and "A Poison Most Precious". I would suggest you look at the Cobalt Scar Timeline on the EQ2 wikipage to see what quests you may still be needing to complete.

As for "Curse of the Magic Thief" (your epic 2.0), can you see Osh in Great Divide, next to Lodizal? If so, what does he say?

~ Kaitheel
  3. Xilten New Member

Cobalt scar timeline quests are required as a prerequisite for mage epic 2.0 quests? I can't get a clear answer on this lol
  4. Celan Active Member

From personal experience 3 days ago:
    Yes. But not the whole Cobalt Scar timeline. Needed are the Othmir quests, meaning those listed on Wiki under "Killing Fields" and "Forsaken Othmir Village".
    Once you finish "High Tide", you're done.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

From the sound of it, quests from Nika and Merrick need to be done, but these quests can be finicky to get to show up properly, especially if done out of order of others. Other quest lines are like this too. My monk on HOF can never finish the Qeynos city timeline, because she did the messenger quest at the same time as another quest, and the one that was supposed to turn into Murrah Shah at a later time turned in before the one that was supposed to be turned in first, and now Murrah will never update my first quest, so I can't finish it, ever, unless it were changed by a dev. I had to betray to Freeport and do that city's timeline to get my 2.0 on her when it was still part of the requirements.