Query on Tradeskill Arts Post-Expansion

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd, Dec 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

On the whole, I like the changes to the UI post-expansion. I think things are too easy, but I'm just an old curmudgeon that way, easily ignored, so do. But since the expansion I've had trouble staying in rhythm using my jeweler's arts. At first I thought it was trying to use the keypad when I'd been used to mousing the arts, but I went back to the mouse and am still having trouble.
    It's almost as if the recovery period after using an art has been slightly increased. I can no longer go bam-bam-bam on the progress arts; now doing that means I lose the middle art, so I have to slow down slightly. But then, the total cycle time for all three arts is a bit longer than the crafting cycle, so I slowly get out of synch, and an event comes along and the wrong art is in the queue and I fail it. It used to be I didn't fail a counter in ten syntheses, now it's almost every time.
    So have any of the timings or queuing rules changed? Has anyone else had the same difficulty?
    The alternative is that I'm developing a debilitating neurological disease, and I'd really rather think that something's changed in-game. So even if it hasn't, tell me it has. Please.
    Whysp
  2. ARCHIVED-Anordil Guest

I, too, have noticed this.
    Before the changes, I had no problems completing difficult rush orders on time with a bit to spare with my level 58 jeweler. Now, I can barely finish them and have given up doing rush orders.
    I usually use the +durability, -success, +progress, - durability, and +durability, - power arts. :( Never had problems before. :( :(
  3. ARCHIVED-Nocifer Deathblade Guest

Timing might be off very slightly but I was still able to complete rush order as easily as before last night as other nights. I didn't notice the difference yet..
  4. ARCHIVED-Wallzak Guest

if this is recent... I think its a soe issue.

Thursday night SOE went down (right in the middle of a raid I might add) and ever since lag as been horrible. Click a button... wait seconds before it responds... I do notice that if you click the button it appears to work... its just delayed.

To answer your question... I think it's larger than just the writs. You think its bad crafting... trying getting your butt kicked by a blue solo mob cause your CA's won't respond.
  5. ARCHIVED-Anordil Guest

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
    Hm. Maybe it's me. <sigh> I'm at a bit of a loss on what the problem is. Especially since everyone else seems to be cranking through the rush orders with hours to spare. But, like Whysper pointed out, there seems to be a delay on my arts. Either that or the RNG *REALLY* hates me and has decided to give me grief every time I try a rush order. :-/
  6. ARCHIVED-Nocifer Deathblade Guest

Anordil@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Hey, I realize something.. I did had bad lags often during prime time especially during heavy server loads and the combat/spell icons are coming back up too slow and laggish and my swings were lagging too. I would assume that it applies to trade skill arts as well being laggish that ruined rush orders. If that's the case then it's not arts fault. It's just SOE server's fault for lagging on everything.. So try test it out during non-prime time frames and you should see much easier progression on tasks..
  7. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

Just for the record, rush orders are easy as pie even with the problems; but perhaps server lag explains the phenomenon.
    Whysp