Quality levels of crafting process - update on changes

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Jun 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Mighty Melvor Guest

Silous wrote:
    I like it where it is ATM. It's really not that difficult if you dedicate yourself to the task. Do 5-6 rush orders (45 min) a night for 2 weeks. *Ding* 67 writs and +10,500 faction under your belt.
    And besides you can wear your new title proudly since so few dedicate themselves to the task. I was the first "Bargain Hunter" on my server and just got it 10/23.
    P.S. Thanks for the Neriak titles/Faction items Domino
  2. ARCHIVED-JackCrichton Guest

Silous wrote:
    When you are doing the faction quest it does seem to take a long time, now that I'm over 2500 TS writs completed it feels like the amount needed to get the faction maxed out is such a small amount, would like to more faction titles for higher levels, like @ 75K, 100K and higher, however I know that there probably aren't too many people who would want to see that happen.
    Have fun crafting
  3. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

i just want a clerification in plain english if i could please to make sure i read correctly

so those that have less than elaborate stations in thier house will now have an expencive piece of furniture that is no longer functional?

also i was wondering will the pristine identifier be removed ( thinking about search engine )
  4. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

Solarax wrote:
    Basically, yes, *IF* you have less than the Elaborate Crafting Stations, you have a expensive piece of furniture.
    Exceptions to this: Stove ( food will still work the same as before ) and if you used any of the other Crafting Stations to make Consumables that had muliple outcomes: Totems, potions/poisons & Ammo.
    Pristine tag probably won't be removed from previous (tier) items because the outcome isn't changing, however, I wouldn't be surprised if FUTURE items lost their "Pristine" tag due to the fact that there won't be a "pristine" quality. It will just be a "finished" quality verses "fuel" or "rare" outcome.
  5. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Kaisha@Permafrost wrote:
    That's what I remember too. Domino asked us at some point about renaming stuff, and I'm pretty sure they decided not to. A lot of unnecessary work, IMO.

The crude crafting stations she kept in game so there was a less expensive version for interior decorating.
  6. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

thanks for the answer.

personally because of the change i think they should allow anyone with the lesser crafting stations to turn them in for full refund of status and cost OR allow them to trade up by paying the diference for those that already have them only
  7. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Solarax wrote:
    I'm 95% certain that the crafting stations sell back for full value...
  8. ARCHIVED-Mikkahl Guest

Last I looked you get the full status you paid when you sell back, but only about 80-90% of the gold you paid. Works the same as horses, I believe.
  9. ARCHIVED-ShashLigai Guest

Domino,
    I think you've taken it a little too far. IMO you've removed all the risk from crafting.
    Considering your example, I think you have it backwards. I other words, the closer you get to "pristene" the LESS you should get back. As I progress towards the final product I am consuming the raw materials. It doesn't make sense that the closer to the final product I get the more of the raw material I get back if I fail. This makes it more challenging for me to attempt the higher crafting levels if I'm not prepared to lose it all.
    The same goes for mastercrafted, and there should be no recovery of rare items at any of the levels to pristene. As I see it the rare is an integral part of the entire process and if you don't get the product, you lose the rare.
    I like the crafting simplification (no intermediates), but would like it to be more difficult for mastercrafted. I can get pristene on level recipes every time (lvl 48 tailor). I would like to see the difficulty increased.
    Finally, if you don't mind an aside, I would like to see the crafting writ givers give rare, random writs on the level of HQs that reward non-tradable crafting eq or recipes. This would really motivate me to do crafting writs and also get me out adventuring too. If the writs are rare and random, and the rewards are well thought out, my crafter can become unique, which is one of the things many players are seeking in this game.
  10. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

ShashLigai wrote:
    i like this one
  11. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Solarax wrote:
    I don't.
    If the recipes are good then people with just do lots of writs until they have them all.
    Rarity will not stop the determined from getting all the good recipes.

Some people do lots of writs anyway and would be getting an extra reward for doing what they would do anyway. Of course they would like it.

Some people don't do many writs, despite the already good rewards, because they do not like them. They would be forced into doing something they don't really enjoy, in order to have access to the good recipes.

Of course if the recipes were no good, no one would be happy.

[edit]
    On second thoughts it would not be quite as bad as I first imagined.
    I could just keep requesting writs and then deleting them until I got a special one.

A better way to give out quests for special recipes based on writs would be to make them dependant on tradeskill faction.
  12. ARCHIVED-ShashLigai Guest

On second thoughts it would not be quite as bad as I first imagined.
    I could just keep requesting writs and then deleting them until I got a special one.

Unless of course, the AI incorporated the number of writs you had actually done as part of the random calculation. very easy to do btw, since it already keeps up with the number of writs (ie., status) completed.

13. ARCHIVED-Bradbme Guest

I don't know if anyone brought this up, but what about the crude crafting tables that you can purchase from the city merchants. Obviously if you can't craft crude level products any longer, those tables are obsolete. I just purchased mine yesterday with the idea that I could craft Adept III skills in my apartment and not have to go to a TS instance to refill my items for sale.
    The guild I'm in isn't high enough for me to get the pristine level table so am I just S.OL. or what?
  14. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Bradbme wrote:
    The crude crafting tables are still there for decoration, and there are a few items that could still be made on them if you want (e.g. arrows).

You're not S.O.L. however because some months ago all the tradeskill faction merchants started selling crafting stations. Now any crafter can earn these, regardless of the level of his guild (or if he even has a guild). It just requires earning sufficient faction with your local tradeskill society.
  15. ARCHIVED-Verky Guest

I am pretty sure I have always gotten full refund when selling something back for status and coin. Which I did when my guild hit 60 and I didn't have enough status to buy the title and had to sell a table or two back.
  16. ARCHIVED-Bradbme Guest

I did not know that, thanks.
    Since I have a crude alchemy table, it won't do me much good. I am an Alchemist in Freeport. Which faction merchants are the ones that carry the crafting tables?
  17. ARCHIVED-MoeSizlak Guest

Maybe I missed the answer, and if I did it's too late to say I don't like that part of the change, but does this change effect Adept 3 spells as well? As there is no quality difference between crude and pristine I'd rather not suddenly have to spend 3 times as long making adept 3s than I did prior to GU 40. Especially since the idea is to tweak things for the better...not worse.
  18. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Tesar@Unrest wrote:
    Frankly, I consider that a bug fix. Every other product except Adept IIIs had to be completed to pristine level; this just brings them in line.

Powers &8^]
  19. ARCHIVED-MoeSizlak Guest

Powers wrote:
    How does that "bring them in line" exactly? For every other product there were/are different products for each tier, whereas with adept 3 there is only one finished product. So you are saying that there should have been 4 different quality adept 3 spells. So then they would have had something like 11 different spell/ca qualities, app 1-4, adept 1, adept 3a-d, master 1 and master 2, instead of the 8 we have.
    And logically it wasn't a bug or it would have been "fixed" in the many TS revamps that have been done since game launch. If there are only 2 possible outcomes for a craft, success or failure, then there shouldn't be a need for 4 progress tiers, and adding tiers to those that didn't need them before IMO is a step backward, not forward.
  20. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

Tesar@Unrest wrote:
    It brings them in line because aside from arrows, food, potions, and poisons, (all of which provide a lower number of resulting items for non-pristine), every other combine has required all 4 bars to make a useful/sell-able product. Don't scholars already have it easy enough? They have a huge market for T8 adept III's, they level more quickly than any other tradeskill, and then don't heavily rely on pelts, roots, or ore like the rest of the classes.
    Also, if you weren't making them to pristine level in the past you were losing out on a dust. While that may be insignificant in lower tiers, in the top tier the dusts are very valuable.