Qeynos city sparklies ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Geroblue, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was running around Qeynos looking for the Qeynos letter sparklies. As far as I could determine there were only two of us looking for them.

I felt like I was looking for water on the surface of Mars. The sparklies were few and far between.

What is the average, based on your previous expericne gathering them, that show up per day ?

I have seen less than 12 over 3 days on Skyfire and Maj'Dul combined.

Thanks.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Faelan Active Member

In my experience, there are quite a few of them up at any given time, with fast respawn. They will spawn in both Queynos zones. The issue is that Queynos is a large area, so while there are a lot of them, they are spread around pretty well, unlike Halas for example. They do show up on Track Harvestables, which makes them much easier to find. I can get the full collection on a new character using TH very quickly. IIRC they also spawn in the area of the festival tents in Antonica, but I found it easier to just run the route within Queynos. The spawn points are fairly static, so it isn't hard to come up with a collection route.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Track Harvestables ?
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

you can get it either as a spell in your aa abilities, or you can use a gnomish divining rod if your tradeskill skill is below requirement for aa.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Isnt track harvestables unavailable until the prestige lines?
    Soara2, Dude and Breanna like this.
  6. Gerak Well-Known Member

The AA Track Harvestables isn't available until the Tradeskill Level 90 AA line.
    The Gnomish Divining rod is available to purchase from the Broker and is usable by low levels.
    Soara2, Dude and Breanna like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

More sparklies... but they are candy. I was hoping they would be different colors than the Qeynos letter sparklies. Easier to find what I am looking for.

Okay, Gnomish divining rod. I'll check for it.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

There won't be any Qeynos shinies anymore, as that festival is over.

The current crop of purple shinies are from Nights of the Dead. Yeah, about half of them are random candies. The collection can only be gotten by harvesting shinies in four different places, since only two of the set can be found at each place.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, okay. I'll stop looking then. Gnomish Divining Rod is single use anywho.

All characters on my main account are at least 40th level and I have 42 LTs.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

No, they used to have limited use (10 or 15 charges, or something like that), but now they have unlimited charges. They do have a cool-down, which was originally 15 minutes, but I think they lowered that as well.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  11. Soara2 Well-Known Member

All the city fest shinies reward that city's mailbox for the set and can be bought on the broker if you miss a few
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

One I bought for 42gp said 1/1 on it. Not in my character's inventory anywhere.
    Breanna, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Juraiya Well-Known Member

That's really odd. I had made about a dozen that I put in my guild bank, for players who were lower level crafters, and a while back they changed from having limited charges to being unlimited.

If, however, the one you'd had in your inventory had already had some charges used up, it's quite possible that one wouldn't have changed over when they made the switch. I had some old totems like that, which are unstackable and have four or five charges in them, unlike the current totems with a single charge that can stack. So, maybe it's a situation like that.

Try broker searching for them, then do an examine of the ones that come up. They should have unlimited charges now.
    Breanna, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll check. The two I saw on broker was 42gp each or several platinum each.

Typically I find the item I want, then place that in Item Name and see what is being charged across the broker.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When they made a lot of the stuff stackable, they made the gnomish divining rods have 1 charge and you make 5 per 1 crafting attempt. Any that you had in your bags, banks, broker, vault, etc when they were made stackable, have unlimited charges.
  16. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Oh, score! Then I'd better not ever give up the ones I have that are unlimited, should I? I prefer unlimited over stackable, to be honest. :)
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I had 2000 of them because I sell them on my broker. I kept 500 and sold the others, first to my friends and what was left on my broker.
    Soara2, Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Gero, keep collecting the purple shinies, you can get an achievement for collecting a bunch of different NoTD treats, you cannot buy them, you have to collect them yourself either through the shinies or off corpses.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

One of my characters got something in an achievment. And about 2 characters got a skeletal plushie... it wanders around. Hope the ones I put in that character's deepwater estate doesn't fall off into the pools as it does a bit of walk about. Already dead, so it can't drown.

And there are at least two collections from the sparklies to.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can trade your treats to the Gigglegibber for candy corns then buy pumpkin bombs. Throw the pumpkins bombs at other players and a bunch of small pumpkins appear, you get things for throwing the pumpkins and the other people get things for picking up the mini pumpkins. So if you see mini pumpkins on the ground, pick them up.