Qeynos Aquaduct

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Simion, Nov 14, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Simion Guest

I recently had to find Holly Windstalker's village, which from what the NPC in Elddar Grove told me, supplies Qeynos with its fresh water supply. However, if you go there, water is pouring into the lake from the aquaduct, and if you go to the Qeynos side of the duct, water is pouring into the moat around the castle. Now I'm no physicist, but for the aquaduct to work, water must run down hill from the lake into Qeynos. So explain to me how the water gets into the aquaduct if it's pouring into the lake, it's supposed to be getting it's supply from. Also how does it go through the mountains like that. Did I miss something, or is this something that Sony made that hoped nobody would notice.

Your nitpicky barbarian,
  2. ARCHIVED-Bcat Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Darkayne Guest

Great catch! I hadn't thought about it, but you're absolutely right.
  4. ARCHIVED-dstarr78 Guest

Maybe the aqueduct gets the water from inside the big mountain and the water goes both ways?
  5. ARCHIVED-Simion Guest

yeah, I thought about that. Speak to the ranger on top of the Great Tree in Elddar Wood. I may be mistaken, but I swear she says that lake feeds Qeynos it's fresh water supply.

A well inside the mountain it runs through is also the only plausable explination I can come up with as well.
  6. ARCHIVED-Aerythenos Guest

I'm not exactly sure about this, but if you follow the aqueduct to the mountains, you can see water pouring into it.

I thought it was a pretty cool sight.. looked like the engineers had a natural waterfall fall straight into the aqueduct.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ennis Guest

You can see it from the road going inbetween Ardent Needle and the Oracle Tower.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sitala Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Lathspell Guest

Must have been done by the dwarves, no way could gnomes have handled it.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

All gnomes are good for is blowing up Luclin. :smileytongue:
  11. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

I believe her text says "it is at the end of the aquaduct that feeds qeynos's water". Which is not exactly the same as saying that it is where they get their water from. Here's some ASCII text art to Illustrate

| Water In
    |
    ----------------------------------
    --------------------- (Aquaduct) -----------------
    Qeynos Windstalker

So it IS going downhill, but both ways. And as was said earlier, it is visible from the road between ardent needle and tower of the oracles, to the south.

Eriol
  12. ARCHIVED-Bucksnort Guest

If the water is flowing the wrong way, its definitely the work of us gnomes. :smileyhappy:
  13. ARCHIVED-psyanide Guest

One word - Wormholes.