Qeynos and Freeport have changed a bit, huh?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Cusashorn, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Combining the inner city districts together is a logical step (minus that annoying bend separating North and South Qeynos). I'm guessing the developers decided that the racial hamlets are just no longer necessary in order to streamline the game? That's a shame, because Starcrest Commune had it's own little charm. It's where it all started for my Human when she left the original Isle of Refuge in 2004.

So what happened to the quests that were found inside? I think there was an NPC in Nettleville that was part of a heritage quest.

What happened to any residences of characters that lived in them? Were they moved to the Lion's Mane Inn?

What's this status upkeep requirement for 8 Erollisi Lane where my main character lives!? That wasn't there before!
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

All the suburbs in Qeynos were moved to the Lion's Mane Inn. If you play on Kaladim, all of the suburbs in Qeynos and Freeport are back, there are just no quests in them any longer.

The quest NPCs have all been distributed throughout the areas that can be traveled to from the bell that only lets you travel through Qeynos.

Sorry, I do not know what the status upkeep for that particular house is now, but if it is one of the 2 large ones right across from the Mage Tower, I believe one requires status and the other doesn't, or it might be one requires guild level 30 to purchase and the other doesn't. My brain is not cooperating with remembering. I had to relinquish mine because I have to many prestige houses from collectors editions and ones we could get from the Panda and ones that I had to have from the Marketplace so I hit the max of 30 and had to get rid of my City houses a couple years ago.
    Cusashorn and Breanna like this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

8 Erollisi Lane is down at the corner from the Lions Mane Inn. I've been gone for so long that I forgot that furniture itself already reduces status for a house, and I forgot that my house initially had a status upkeep.

Still kind of a shame the hamlets were removed. I get it, I do, but I'm gonna miss Starcrest.

Also, saying that a horde of gnolls invaded the hamlets is a pretty lame excuse. BRING EM ON!
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.