PVPz?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Restrained, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Restrained New Member

Any talks on if they are going to open a pvp zone in the TLE servers or Battlegrounds? Have talked to a ton of people who would love to see this happen.
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

nope. battlefield 1 has good "pvpz"
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

they tried it, it failed for a variety of reasons, i can't see them trying it again after DT.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

As far as EQ2 is concerned, PvP is dead ... long live PvE.
  5. Fistpower Well-Known Member

EQ2 will never feature PvP again and I hope some day the developers will announce this with a big red banner across the site so we can avoid having these threads pop up every 3rd month
    Juraiya, Rosyposy, Dude and 3 others like this.
  6. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Expand on "ton" of people. PvP didn't /doesn't /won't happen because a dozen people killing each other and lowbie hunting just isn't worth the effort.
    Cheallaigh and Lateana like this.
  7. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Very doubtful that we would bring back PvP support
  8. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Obviously you didn't actually pvp or last long if you assume it was all a lowbie hunt, but you wouldn't actually have to worry about losing to someone better than you if they implemented BG's on TLE, instead of making a pvp zone.
    DefeatedZ likes this.
  9. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Your opinion differs and that's ok. I did enjoy aspects of nagafen. PvP was fun. But it did digress into relentless hunting. Just what I experienced and heard others say as well. It doesn't matter much now though. It just didn't work.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's just false information is a pet peeve of mine.
  11. Simparri Active Member

Not false information, there were too many back-stabbing snaky PvP'ers out there. If people Want to do PvP leave everybody else who Don't want it out of it. Under options add a "Decline PvP" box near the "Decline duels" & others boxes. PvP lovers HAD their chance with Deathtoll & blew it. They couldn't keep enough players playing to keep a solid PvP server alive. If there were SO many people as you imply Loving PvP then DT would still be running.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

If you're actually interested in PVP, Peak is releasing a emulator server.
    Kaeti likes this.
  13. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Not really, Deathtoll was a complete mess. It did have its moments but mostly it was just a frustrating mess. Remember Stormhold at launch, now add PvP to that chaos and maybe u can imagine why Deathtoll wasn't really an option so please stop using "you had Deathtoll and you blew it" as an argument.

Yeah, the game doesnt have enough players to start another PvP server and try again. Unless they advertise it A LOT to bring back old Nagafen players who "might" be interested in giving it another chance. But there's absolutely no harm in adding a PvP zone onto FG, in fact I'd welcome it with open arms because I can't even log in anymore because the content is just pure cookie cutter and it's boring and stale. I'd run the content more gladly if I had PvP to gear for.
  14. Skadad Member

for every 1 player that would join if pvp was released on fg, 10 would leave ( made up fact, like the tons of players one :) )
    Simparri and Cheallaigh like this.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm doubtful people would "leave" if battlegrounds is activated, if anything it would make people log in as it gives players something to do outside of running instances to transmute gear.
    Kaeti and Tharrakor like this.
  16. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Something completely optional gets added and ppl leave, because? You don't like it so nobody should have it? Yeah that is a very mature mentality :)
  17. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

He was trying to be funny guys lol. (Hence the "made up fact" comment)
    Skadad and Cheallaigh like this.
  18. Simparri Active Member

If you want to make it Somewhat 'acceptable' make a minor change to the list of items on character sheet, under options where the boxes to 'decline trade', 'decline guild invite', 'decline duel' etc & add a box for 'decline PvP'. I played a bit on a PvP server early on & it took me nearly a week to get to level 20 due to having PvP a$$wipes killing me every time I went out to go harvesting. Not just one-on-one but most often in groups of 3-6 who were 6-9 levels higher than I was. They didn't have enough gonads to even try for Anything like an even match. It came close to driving me away from EQ2 completely. Sure, I've no problems with bringing back battlegrounds, I can quite easily ignore it. Maybe they can even make multiple instances of zones, give the player a choice of PvP or PvE zone version. They do something similar when a zone gets too populated, just add one more choice.
  19. Restrained New Member

Ya completely agree ppl on TLE have spent a lot of $$ on toons. I know I have. I would be stoked even if they just brought back battlegrounds to give ppl a voluntary option to pvp. I understand most of the ppl who don’t want pvp back just weren’t good at it so that’s fine but i bet it would give the tle even more of a shot in the arm for their cash grab.
  20. Simparri Active Member

People might leave because they get pi$$ed at random people killing them without warning and usually in numbers that also outlevel those being killed. Most of whom lack the gonads to fight in anything like a fair fight. Not everybody is there to kill other players, not even most if you'll look at how many dislike PvP. I don't see it as a "Mature Mentality" to Only like killing others who are there only for the fun of exploration & adventure.

Unrestricted PvP is no less than allowing bandits, muggers & thieves to run free.

Find a way to allow people to opt Out of PvP & I can Then see allowing it back in. Otherwise, they burned their own bridges.