PVP Tradeskill XP

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Dismal, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Dismal New Member

Is it just me or is the tradeskill xp extremely slow right now on the beta server? Would be nice if it was actually sped up so we can test pvp with at least mastercrafted gear and experts to test balance
    Siren likes this.
  2. Satyr Well-Known Member

They removed writ givers. No idea why.
  3. Dismal New Member

even crafting at level items leveling is extremely slow
    Siren likes this.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

Bring back crafting writs, and triple xp per combine and it would be at an acceptable place.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Without crafting, there's no harvesting either, which is a good steady source of open PvP.
    Trasor likes this.
  6. jlrak New Member

100% needs to be fixed to test. Crafting & PvE rates need to be increased as well. there has to be a reason for people to go into the world.
    Siren and Trasor like this.
  7. Mesander Member

YES! Please, for the love of GOD...PLEASE fix the crafting XP. I understand the focus is all-in for PVP but the mastercrafted gear would be great to test. AND yes it will bring more people out into the field and as it has its own challenge in that harvesters must keep their guard up against potential attackers. I have tried to level crafting and harvesting but due to the extremely slow crafting XP combined with the difficulty of harvesting due to the constant threat of PVP it makes the overall effort to level crafting absolutely pointless. You don't have to get crazy with the XP gain increase....just make it something reasonable; anything is better than what it currently is.
    Siren and Trasor like this.
  8. Kander Developer

All XP values are in flux and subject to change. Thanks for being patient with the beta.
    Xiao, Schmetterling, Ajjantis and 5 others like this.
  9. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Lag..lol
  10. jlrak New Member

trade skill should be double live, if we are deleting our toons after every season. PvE xp I'd increase a bit but rare spawn timers need to be increased. ( pvp hotspots for loot ).
  11. ArcaneCognition New Member

the tradeskilling is as slow as when i started everquest 2... it does need fixing and master crafted stuff needs awesome stats. i keep getting hit by several players at a time, so i rerolled my character and sold all her gear banked her money and when someone tries to kill me harvesting... i just keep on harvesting. if it was just one person my level i could pvp, but 2 people higher level, i'm not even going to bother.
    Raeven and Siren like this.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

There's a been yet another patch, with no sign whatsoever (in the notes, anyway) of increasing PvE or Crafting XP. It leaves players with the impression they are being forced out of doing those things, and it eliminates harvesting so there's less open-world PvP, and also eliminates mob combat, contested, and bothering to get gear drops. But then what''s left is a tiny, same-faction Battleground where the object is to sit all day at the lowbie, same-faction bell and wait for a new green victim to zone in, with everyone dressed in NPC vendor trash armor. Eesh.

I harvested for a good couple/few hours in several zones on Nagafen beta and never saw another living soul. I also was grinding orange heroics and doing every one of their associated quests for three hours, and only leveled from 11 to 12, I kid you not-- and not one other player of either faction ever showed up there, either.

Okay, so the front page of General was awash this week with new and long-since-gone-but-returning players who all quit over the factional oranges-on-green-newbie issue. A couple /who alls on the weekend during prime time revealed 76 players Saturday and 54 Sunday (so maybe double that to include the opposite faction?). How can they even think they can support a whole server, both overhead-cost-wise and action-wise, like that?

So maybe I never saw another soul outside of the main cities because the few players left were all too busy camping their own lowbie bells. Maybe everyone else but the lamest griefers and gankers has already left.

Just how long do they think those same-faction orange teams of 6 are going to stay happy camping lowbie zone-in bells of their same-faction greens, though?

I can see now why the plan is to shutter the server in 3 months. However, where I used to think that was not nearly enough time, now I realize it is way too long. I doubt anyone will even pay 3 months of a sub for that.
    ArcaneCognition likes this.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was put in any notes, but PVE and Crafting XP both have been buffed at least once so far. Friday night I was getting .5 - .8% XP per kill in the Ruins vs. yellow ^ mobs

I think both need more, but they have adjusted it, and both Caith / Kander have said XP is still being adjusted.
  14. Nuada Active Member

if u wipe Tradeskill then **** the xp gain 5x i think noone has fun to make it all over and over again to max that long.
    if u wipe the char Tradeskill not then **** it only a bit.
  15. Slant Well-Known Member

Writs are giving 15-25%(depending on the con of the writ) of a level atm if you guys make it high enough to do writs its not horrible.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Who do you see and at what level can you start getting them?
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we never got writ givers on Trakanon. the last event server.
    but than the adventure level xp was just as slow.