PVP TOKEN QUESTS

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Vishous, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Vishous Member

ok after spending a day (12hrs) running zones and contested instances to get pvp tokens, we completed the weekly and the daily in most. this is NOT a solid idea for pvp gear and or to get more pvp. I think in the long run people will get annoyed with not being able to finish these in zones where hardly NO one goes to like POA and or Barren Sky in general. because even yesterday people were avoiding those zones. Also the issue with Qeynos side having such a LOW population compared to FP side and them not being able to actual get groups going to make a diff on their end for updates

imo:
    1. remove the mob requirement to the quests, that's just silly for pvp rewards, just up the kill counts for the players kills needed.
    2. there really needs to be pvp armor and weapons added.
    3. the jewelry needs re looking at, these 20min click buffs are just over the top and will cause people to ONLY leave the cities when they are up, kinda like some do now with Evac or HT or etc etc.
    4. Oh and make it repeatable on completion quests, this DAILY only is just silly..

I love the idea of pvp writs, love the idea of player kills (ONLY), even if changed to a high amount, but being forced to group and or being forced to run dead zones to kill named mobs is just silly imo for pvp.

pls stop trying to force people to pvp the way YOU think we should. after talking to many many people yesterday the ONLY real complaints i heard was the mobs attached to a pvp writ, and or the silly over the top 20min clickables on the gear.

pvp writs should be like kill X amount of players in Overland zones and just let people play in the zones they choose.
  2. DefeatedZ Member

Strange, most people I spoke to supported PvE kills as well as PvP kills. The only thing that should be changed with it is making the PVP (player kills) update in any KoS zone.

1) Disagree - The PvE kills are good because it concentrates PvP to select zones. I like the fact that i'm finding groups of PvP in PoA and SoS now. Maybe others feel differently but I 100% vote to keep the named (PvE) kills in.

2) Agree - I do agree with the armour and weapons perhaps. Only issue is when that happens, where's the need to raid etc? People will get gear then quit because boredom eventually. Seen it before.

3) Agree - Yes i 100% agree the 20 min CD on these pvp items is far too short for items/procs that are so busted. These should be 1 hour - 2 hour recast imo.

4) Disagree on this - why make the pvp writ rewards come faster? people will get the items and suddenly not feel the urge to need to go out and pvp. I would argue it's maybe not enough. I think you need something like 8 or 9 runs for 1 item? is that right? If you make it repeatable then people will be geared within 1 week and we are back to square one in PvP.

It sounds like you just want the PvP Writ poster guy back
    Kittybock and Raff like this.
  3. Creasote Well-Known Member

My initial feedback is about the pvp quests themselves. I don't necessarily disagree with the blend of pvp kills and named kills to complete the quest. It's a decent measure to hopefully cut down on alt farming and pvp Zerg fights. It forces people to move around a bit.

One item that I did not like was that I had to delete the overland Bonemire (which I had some updates for) quest to pickup the TT quest. Not sure if this is intentional but it would nice to have both and move from zone to get updates and avoid zergs.

8 named updates in SOS and POA seems a bit much, maybe cut it down to 4. Also the first couple of named in SOS did not update the quest. This benefits certain certain classes or stacked groups who can make it deep into the dungeon.

More feedback to come .......
  4. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I disagree saw many groups yesterday all day out in Bonemire, TT many are ex s. There was a full raid in sands after pvp. A lot of Qs went exile but they still hang out in qeynos and pick you freeps off one by one. You just joined a guild yesterday and you have to group to kill the hunter quest named.

I think (though not sure) you get a pvp kill quest credit by killing lvl 9s , you're a Brig surely you can pvp vs your lvl easy with that OP class?

oh I forgot, Qs got a new city champion a Brig like you was just born, made 70- and he's after you :)
  5. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I loved these quests...for about the first 2 or 3 days. Then, we'd wander all over TT looking for folks and running into the same group or a couple solos, all of which were on our recent list.

Suggestion: I'd love to see the overland quests work for any of the zones OR allow you to pick up all 3!
    These are time consuming and players end up wandering aimlessly, waiting for someone to zone in.
    • If you move on to another KoS zone, because there are not enough running about in TT, then you must drop the TT quest to pick up the BS or Bonemire, hence you lose progress on the TT quest, yet may not find any more PvP than you did in prior zone.
    Raff likes this.