PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Naroc Active Member

Yeah, it's definitely been noticed by pretty much everyone Healface that these changes have screwed up PvP a lot. I don't think they're being ignored by the players, I think a lot are just waiting to see what Daybreak does to fix them. Especially one week out from launch.
    Xephane, Healface and Siren like this.
  2. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

yes im sure dbg is very thankful for the mindless "majority" that eats up whatever is served to them.
  3. eltk New Member

This.

Complete PvP balance will never happen with so many classes and possible matchups, but the current hacket-job is going to kill the PvP server population if not addressed in the first month.
  4. Peak Nagafun

And that is a wonderful thing. Otherwise, the population difference will be set in stone. Whatever starts out the dominate faction will likely stay the dominate faction. I can't imagine whole groups of players rerolling because Freeport is overpopulated - but spending a few hours betraying? Totally.

By all means, reset spells to Apprentice levels when betraying, but be able to balance out the factions at will is a great thing.
    Naroc likes this.
  5. Gromph Member

Haha, by KoS there won't be a server left unless they put things in gear and get some balance fixes pushed.
  6. Koppar Member

Things migth not be perfect, but the important thing is that ppl keep playing so the server dont die to fast,
  7. Peak Nagafun

You mean people will quit, because there's no one to play with when you're on the faction that's empty. And people will quit on the winning side, because there's no one to kill.

Level lockers might reroll, but people at cap probably won't reroll.

There is already going to be the herd / zerg mentality. There always was. Having betrayal allows those who don't wish to be a part of it (and who may have inadvertently ended up no the zerg faction) swap over to the other side for more targets.
  8. Kendayar Active Member

PvP has always been EverScout 2: The ShadowKnight Odyssey.

Track, Stealth and High DPS? Check
    Harmtouch, Evac? Check
    HoTs having faster cast times? Check.
    Mitigation debuff sealing the deal for scouts? Check.

Nerf scouts? Everybody will quit because we're all scouts. Nerf SKs? Well they keep trying.
    Healface likes this.
  9. Chiaroscuro New Member

DLW now allows PVP but not FFS.
    Will it be this way at launch?
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

No one from Freeport-side can get to Frostfang Sea right now. I think the devs are working on a fix for that, though. Maybe they'll put a Freeporter bell to FFS from the Antonica docks or something.
  11. Slant Well-Known Member

I was really really hoping to be wrong.
    :(
    Clairvoyiant likes this.
  12. Healface Active Member

Haha ;)
  13. Xeos Well-Known Member

I prefer the lower populated side precisely for more targets to kill. I know several people like that.
  14. Chiaroscuro New Member

Bank is shared with PVP and Non-PVP servers

Seems like a bug. Perhaps just a beta thing...
  15. Hane New Member

Can't believe you're removing the Exile option.

Can't believe you're not adding release to bind only in PvP. The constant rushing in dungeons / spawn camping is so boring. It's basically arena/bg PvP. If I kill someone in open world PvP I shouldn't be fighting them again in a matter of minutes, sometimes even seconds. Ridiculous.

Twenty second immunity on zoning that's allowed during combat? Terrible broken mechanic.

How are you so far removed as to how open world PvP should function.
    Dull4h4n likes this.
  16. Balbasur Active Member

I would not let this go live Tuesday I would just put in Beta buffers and wait a few weeks...
  17. Igochan Active Member

Ok guys. I played in Darathar one month after the launch and now I only play in Nagafen. We are the last of all the spanish guilds in PVP and we still playing in a dead server. I voted no to Exiles. I don't like exile. You like it? Ok, great. We voted it and it's disabled. Stop crying. I still remember the people who killed the old fame system crying here, at the forums, while all the server was ok with it.
    Raff likes this.
  18. Dull4h4n Member

Quite obviously people who aren't good at FPS games like to come here and lord over newbs and farm kills to make themselves feel good.

When a player respawns where they died, it makes victory empty and removes the sting of losing. Perhaps I haven't played here enough, but in EQ PvP was mostly about contested content. I guess that doesn't matter in EQ2, so people PvP over nothing. If I wanted that I'd just go play Battlefield.
  19. Gilhooley New Member

I'm attempting to address an issue that has our guild planing on rolling Q's instead of the Freeps we wish to play. This issue is the # 1 reason that this server might well become unbalanced in regards to population... The fact that Q's can obtain the tier 2 "Advanced Crafting" books via the quest line of the " Envoy Tamy Swifthammer" and acquire the bulk of the tier 2 "rare" resources to level lock in the level 11-20 range. This IS already a huge issue in Beta as the Q's can enjoy at least a 2 day head start on grieving the tier 1-2 Freeport players that have to manually harvest the "rares" and "farm" for the level 10 thru 19 advanced books... Adding insult to injury is the fact that the "New Halas" area is not accessible to Freeport players to return the favors and or attempt the "Commissioner Varla Z-Velran" quest. My hope is that this is addressed within the short time we have left until we go "live".
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

Well roll where you want to because Caith has said they're working on a fix for this. A problem like this one that weighs so heavily against one faction is something even Daybreak can't ignore.