PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Peak Nagafun

No, we'll probably see "Brokensword" or the name of some other well known player from the past.
  2. Pomakik New Member

im convinced anyone who doesn't want exile to be in game didn't actually play nagafen as their main server. & people complaining about faction hopping are RPers who started pvping with battlegrounds.
  3. Xephane Active Member

One MAIN issue that needs to be addressed which is an absolute game changer and NEEDS to be removed... Mastercrafted food and drink. This is going to ruin tier 2 and I can notice that it already is. Basically the thing is, that if you decided not to make an artisan that can make those, or cant get ahold of them... You are going to get screwed up in pvp. Just in tier 2 this easily obtainable stuff gives you...
    +30 to all stats
    0.5% attribute increase (stacks with 30 to all stats)
    +3.0% max hp increase
    Can I please not be given the excuse of "but anybody can have that", because that does not justify that this is pretty broken and does not belong in the game. It can at least be fixed so the rares dont drop anymore. Please do not let this go live, it isn't right and needs some attention.
    Ozryc likes this.
  4. Slant Well-Known Member

Its low level food. Craftable by even lvl 10 crafters, literally any type of crafter can make them for t2. I mean yes there are tiers of it but the stats are capped by your level like all other foods. Its not hard to come by. I'm not really sure what your argument is TBH. Its unfair because it wasnt there at launch? Twinking is twinking regardless of the slot the item goes in.
    Faragel likes this.
  5. Litoeon New Member

The same damn whining came from people over in EQ1 TLP server threads. It's becoming harder and harder as time goes on to keep calling myself a gamer. We actually got most of what we asked for and on top of it who actually gives a flying F888 about the isle anymore for a starter area? Are you guys seriously that **** about a 1-6 zone? get over yourselves.
    Exile will probably come in later
    Pumice stones solve a lot of problems in PVP, keep them on you
    appearance gear always looked ********, they will make money elsewhere, trust me

Can't wait for this to start next week Daybreak, good job!
    This only needs minor MINOR tweaks and we're set in stone but other than that, pat yourself on the back
    Raff likes this.
  6. Xephane Active Member

It makes all other food in the game useless, and that really takes out the point of being a provisioner as well.
  7. Gromph Member

This is what happens when you give a release date with outstanding issues that will make or break a server.

I've attempted to remain calm and give meaningful feedback to this point but the beginning of this thread was basically a copy-paste of previous posts we had already read. We're paying customers not plebs you lord over. If you burn us we will leave and your TLE PVP server will be a massive fail and it won't be our fault.

• There is no reason Exile can't be voted on again, given that I think 3 in 50 of my guild members got a chance to vote I'm POSITIVE that this is the case for most other players and guilds in this thread. I personally brought you 50 paying customers based on Kander's promises and interview for what the server would be, and I can guarantee I'm not the only one here that did the same. The vote for Exile was obviously not representative of this servers opinion, or you wouldn't be seeing mass rage over the issue, with other threads being created and locked outside of this one. You advertised that these servers would be able to 'determine their own destiny'. Having a vote that exists before the server was created is clearly disingenuous of that. If there actually are a majority of people who don't want exile they will win the vote again. If you want to save face by not going back on your word make a compromise and promise us a vote for Exile when DoF releases. At this point people might not even believe you but at least that would be something.
    • No word on your plans for what is happening with mitigation. You said this thread would be a summary of changes, and your plan going forward. Where is that. You're nerfing ONLY physical resists on specific class archetypes? WTF is going on there. That's BIZARRE. Why are players left with 75% noxious resistance at 50 in treasured, but their physical mitigation is being halved? The ONLY explanation for that is that you're fixating on the PvE server, as that's the only stat that matters to make PvE harder. This has significant effects on the PvP populations and balance. If this is a work in progress say so. Where's the plan you told us we'd be able to read and contribute to. Again, people came back to this game because of Kander's post about how this would be a legitimate PvP server, not an afterthought.
    • Class balance. Currently 1/3 of healers are incredibly strong, and the others are worthless by contrast due to long cast times and comparatively worse healing output. The logic there is broken. Mages (excluding enchanters) are, as usual, basically cannonfodder compared to the other classes. When scouts ranged autoattack for 1k the winner in pvp is unarguable. As far as I'm aware most guilds are steering their players clear of mages as a whole, unless they are enchanters so they can get in on some of that sweet sweet charm action. This is a common narrative in MMO's so I'm not holding my breath here, but if you want a strong successful server this needs to be addressed.
    • Spells have no PVP template? What does that mean? We're supposed to level up again to attempt to discern what this vague statement implies? Of course, it could have sweeping changes to the balance of the game but we wont know until the weekend when some brave soul grinds up again and (hopefully) posts a thread on how awesome or terrible this change is (assuming he has someone to fight). What time will be left to tweak anything at that point? All I know is every mage I played with had higher damage listed for the PVP version of the ability and their damage was still poor at best - that change sounds like a direct nerf on top of the resistance complaints you were already receiving.
    • Appearance items. Again, why can't we vote as a server and "determine our own destiny", rather than being forced to live with the results of a poll that blue servers voted on. Most of us returned to this game for this server, we didn't sit here playing for the last 11 years as the game was annihilated by carebear patches - we were driven out long ago. We're here because of the promise that this server won't be BS. Personally, I think you're holding fast because there is no mail server attached to beta. That's a poor reason to burn your customers and go back on what this server was promised to be.
    The list of things people are concerned with isn't long, and isn't unreasonable. It doesn't require sweeping changes to the entire game - well maybe the class balance issues do, but if you dont fix those you'll have 1/4 of your classes practically unplayed. Yay for scout + fury + enchanter meta?
    Maybe in my lifetime I'll see a developer that understands that to earn the trust of your subscribers you have to actually reply to them as a fellow gamer. When you make a statement that Exile is gone and hundreds of people attempt to sway that decision you need to actually reply, not just copy-paste your original statement. Instead of being offended, defensive, indignant, or whatever it is that happens have some empathy and realize that we're only here because we deeply want this to succeed. Do you think I'd spend over an hour writing this post just because I'm mad and venting? Obviously I want this server to do well, not just for my own enjoyment but for my entire guild of 50+ players coming with me.
    I started my guild in EQ2 9 years ago, and we've played a LOT of MMO's since then. The one thing I've learned in that time is that if a game leaves beta as garbage it's doomed and its population will completely and utterly die. You have six days left to address outstanding balance issues and communicate effectively before that cycle begins. That's not a lot of time, and it doesn't take long to play out. We're not a loud minority. We're a solid representation of how everyone else that doesn't post is feeling. Every one of my 50 members feels exactly the same way I do.
    We've seen 3? people declare they're unsubbing in this thread already - those are the ones that bothered to post. What do you think is going to happen Monday night when there are still no patch notes, no statement of any type of plan, none of the votes we were promised in beta happened, etc, etc? Do you know what players do to MMO's who burn them now? They call their credit card company and charge back purchases. If you need a recent reminder of this go look at your company's latest disaster, H1Z1. Whats the player base of that game down to now? 15 thousand? You sold a MILLION copies in two months.
    My guild will be making a call Sunday/Monday night on whether this server is legitimate, or a charade. The list of major concerns is very small and I have hope they will be addressed. However, if its the latter I suspect you'll be getting a lot of charge backs - people are tired of purchasing lies.
  8. Healface Active Member

Minor tweaks and we're set in stone? Do you have any idea about what you're talking about? Lets see:
    • Tanks will be useless in PVP (failed mitigation debuff and taunts not working after PVP spell template was removed)
    • Scouts will be superior to every other class available (failed mitigation debuff, interrupt/stifle fest due to spell template was removed)
    • Casters just got their DPS wrecked (mitigation versus spell damage was left untouched)
    • The only sensible choice for heals is Druid (healers we're balanced only through AA's from T7-T9)
    • Coercers will be the obvious choice (charm only cureable with Pumice Stones which aren't available to everyone from the start)
    • Balance is no more (every single effort to balance PVP over the years was removed with an instant, as PVP spell templates was removed from the game)
    Lets not forget about the fact that not a single vote has been in place after beta was launched - and just a fun fact - since the TLE updates were published yesterday, not a single response from Devs in this thread. I count maybe 5-10 within 48 hours in the PVE thread.

Im sure a solution is just around the corner... There is all but a week until launch!
    Ozryc, Trivursar, Teju and 3 others like this.
  9. Healface Active Member

Finally someone who can identify the long term consequences of yesterdays poor update.

Everyone is talking about Exiles (which should be in TLE) but barely anyone has realized that with one single change, PVP balance through 10 years was removed from the game.
    Pomakik likes this.
  10. Pomakik New Member

no i for sure noticed that but i mean there is no way they are going to keep it that way once they realise the consequences right? it will be hilarious to assassinate cloth users for a bazillion damage.
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

Caith stated the rules. No matter what DBC does, they will never, ever please everyone.

Belly up to the bar...or not.

If not, then have fun in some other game.
  12. Primaeval Active Member

Weird, I thought this thread was for them to collect feedback on their server ruleset.
  13. Daalilama Well-Known Member

The problem some have and its not without merit with the Exile faction was how easy it was to flip Q or Freep depending on how the wind blew...if Freeport had the upper hand...no worries Q's flipped to the freep side and vise versa. When the penalties for going exile or betraying to one of the 2 main factions (exile was always considered a pseudo faction) was simply the wiping of a friends list instead of the spells being reverted to app 1's any real penalty incurred disappeared. Like I said most really don't have a real problem with the exile faction but some penalty must remain if one completely betrays to one or the other side otherwise we set the stage for some of the issues that naggy went through which wasn't good for anyone. The prime issue I see with some of the still underlying issues with this server is the approach being more of a pve mindset than a pvp one from the devs which is what ultimately killed naggy. We have a lot of players still playing the game (albeit on a pve server now) and an ungodly amount of returning players all looking to relive a taste from their past and it is in the best interest of DBG to listen to the veterans on the still unresolved issues.

Small side issues like appearance gear availability while nice wont hamper in anyway pvp if not available (but lets be real too much of the old gear appearance was ungodly ugly) so not sure why it is not available from a simple revenue stream avenue. Major issues like class balance especially on healers left undone or addressed improperly will create a mountain of headaches for players and devs alike...and tbh I don't really feel like rolling a druid over a cleric just because of imbalances. Other players have brought up issues big and small that have not been addressed and our concerns are raised...remember we are the ones who will play on the server with few if any crossover pve only players rolling there at least initially which means we want it done right....

Food for thought.
    Healface likes this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

They've announced the launch & the rules. Maybe they will change things further on. Maybe not.

I don't care either way. I'll play no matter what. But the amount of whine going on in these threads has become annoying. Its gone way beyond feedback to threatening to not play or leave is this particular thing or another is not changed to. As if anyone really cares whether 10-15 of you leave.

Play or don't play...most of us don't care one way or the other.
  15. Kendayar Active Member

Hold up. When Nagafen finally had a dedicated PvP dev around RoK/TSO can't remember, that's when PvP started getting worse.

People that still played the game after it jumped Mount Sharkanotus back in 2010 tend to get really defensive about it getting better.
  16. Pomakik New Member

and neither do we if they simply don't put in exile or pvp template's. it will just be a server filled with you carebears & the rest of us will continue playing whatever other game we were playing before resubbing eq2 & after a few months when you guys all quit the server will be dead. because lets be honest the state of EQ2 is horrible PVE & PVP, the only people still playing are the ones who couldn't move on. this PvP server was the only way to breathe life back into EQ2 pvp & they are ******* it up royally.

and it wont be 10-15 it will be the vast majority of the pvp community that will just not play.
  17. Kendayar Active Member

SPOILER ALERT. That's the whole point of feedback. Listen to us giving them money or we'll find something better to spend it on. Go buy some more ponies out of the shop and let people that actually care about the game voice their opinions since it's obvious you don't care what happens you'll still be official EQ Cheerleader.
  18. Exur Well-Known Member

Even if you around the clock focused on PvP balance with an army of testings, Tuesday is too soon! There is nothing more important then PvP combat balance on the TLE PvP server. From what I have seen.. beside addressing (nullifying) dumb fire pets via complains, no testing for PvP balance has been done. Therefore, you are releasing this server with garbage PvP combat. Live PvP combat is superior to this... and that is saying a lot!

We NEED devs to play on this server with us. All you have to do is run ACT to see how broken things are... Has any dev in-house been charmed in PvP? Has any dev in-house actively PvP'ed for almost 10 years to know the negative impact Charm has on PvP combat? Charm will be changed to a PvP mez eventually after thousands of pvp hours policing the mess it causes. Bards primary source of DPS is a maintained spell proc? And they nuke harder then mages? Rangers!? DPS mod? I could go on, but I shouldn't have to. Just PvP and see what's what and balance it as promised. Not after launch, before... ugh

If you tell me PvP BALANCE is coming before this Tuesday's launch, I'll roll my eyes and wait patiently. Otherwise, you are dumping something that isn't ready for some unknown reason. The money will come. Tell whoever is pushing this to chill out! Heck, wait 31 days from 7/7 and you'll get a full resub to All Access for the launch. There, I just made DB a truck load of cash with that obvious suggestion.

I can only comment on what I know.. why there was no beta buffer available so we could properly test lvl 50 6v6+ I'll never know. I know you don't have 12 people in house that can replicate what we can for group PvP testing... so I'm at a lost. We basically have to accept testing this and adjusting for shenanigans on a live server when it counts.

too soon...
  19. Primaeval Active Member

I played PVP at launch and off and on well into COE. Stuff has always and will always be broken. I am fine with that and definitely want them to consistently focus on low cost (in terms of time for them) changes that make the most impact. The removal of Exile and the PVP tabs on spells represents a step backwards in the quality of where PVP is/was in EQ2.

I can even handle most of this stuff being a little messed up at launch next week, if there was some Developer feedback that said, "Hey, this stuff is going to be in at launch. This stuff will take some time, but we intend to get it in". We've seen that kind of comment for the proc issues on the raid gear. I can even live with the charm issue (as we all did during RoK).

No taunts in PVP? 4/6 healing classes being not viable? Completely messed up plate mitigation? Insanely high levels of DPS mod, but essentially 0 counters for non-scouts (casting speed, mod, etc.)? These are self-inflicted wounds that didn't need to happen.
    Siren and Ardur Duradan like this.
  20. Exur Well-Known Member

... now that I've said that, my hope is by KoS the combat and proper PvP focused voting is corrected. Promise me red names won't disappear after Tuesday and I'll continue to help.