PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fetish Well-Known Member

This is pretty much the big thing that is hurting the TL PvP server now... When the original red servers went live, the zones that you leveled in from 7 and up were all marked with PvP level ranges...not city PvP flagging. Having the entirety of DLW and Halas be city PvP only is horrible for PvP (and someone posted you even screwed up all the sewers and low level suburbs like Sunken City by making them city PvP). You crammed us into DLW and FFS for 20 levels on a TL PvP server...to have those two zones be city PvP and not level range PvP is one of the most ridiculous things you could do, barring the borked queuing system.

Please set level ranges on the beginning zones and remove the city PvP flag on those areas. People should get to PvP in the areas that they are leveling in, not be forced to go to zones that you seem adamant at pretending don't exist.
    Siren likes this.
  2. cyanbane New Member

XP is way to fast (at least in New Halas) 0-5 in the starting area (starting *area* not starting *zone*).

I feel like as a casual player I could reach 15ish in a night. Isn't that way too fast?
  3. Gankednshanked Active Member

EXP/VIT aside, it's definitely easy to hit 50 in a day. Probably like 10-12hours. So yes.

Also, this 32 Conj killed me (33 Troub) and a 35 SK in about 10s. We both have 25+ gear in almost every slot, sitting around 2.4-3k HP. His aqueous swarm was hitting for 200dps and his dots/pet were doing just as much. It was pretty crazy!
  4. Gromph Member

yeah, the necro dumbfire pets put out crazy damage as well
  5. Gromph Member

You mean 40 in a night
  6. Manglar New Member

Please Allow us to completly lock our TOON's this well allow to keep pvp hot in every level range please and Thanks, and yes i agree with the removal of DLW and FFS
    cyanbane likes this.
  7. Savne Member

Daarkstar and Ardur Duradan like this.
  8. Tract New Member

Please either remove the crafting timeline in Halas that gives the advanced books for 10-19 or move the evil crafting quest giver that's in halas to neriak. The ease for good sided players to get the books for mastercrafted gear and experts makes the game extremely unbalanced
  9. Peak Nagafun

Probably doing HQ.
  10. Peak Nagafun

Shrub is active in Zek too, fyi
  11. Dreki New Member

Mount quest in New Halas is broken. Cannot equip Griz to complete the quest.

Betrayal quest is broken from New Halas to Freeport.
  12. Fetish Well-Known Member

Swarm pets are kicking *** right now...but I think that is a good thing. I hope that DBG is doing some data parsing to help balance out the really out of line things, since we will all have some pretty powerful stats from even just MC gear.
  13. Peak Nagafun

Charm should be curable as well.
  14. Nightmre New Member

Remove the ability for the factions to talk to each other. Just like it was when the PvP servers first launched.
  15. Fetish Well-Known Member

With or without the Vitality potions and XP potions?
    Siren likes this.
  16. Gankednshanked Active Member

Reforging Essences can be sold for 1p each
  17. Gromph Member

With
  18. Fetish Well-Known Member

Sounds legit. I made the mistake of only buying one Vitality Potion and not a stack... =/
  19. ElitressEQ New Member

Unsure if it was mentioned already, but I'd like the old PVP merchants, the ones that required Faction, and Status for items. I thought it was a pretty sweet idea, having to work for decent, but not experience breaking gear.
    Creasote likes this.
  20. Wolvelf Object Reference not set to an Instance...

I guess my whole perception of this Time-Delay server was confused by programming experience. I seriously expected a time delay server to basically be from an original backup 11 years ago (which would be a million times easier) where everything was as it was. Instead, it seems like the issue was entirely complicated by trying to rollback and remove changes that SOE did that screwed the game up over the years. With that way of thinking... this can only be a HUGE mess for the Devs who are obviously under staffed. Considering the go-live was not timely, the planning of this whole thing really needs to be thought out again with the resources available. This reminds me of so many times projects end up becoming failures...

I really hope resources are allocated to complete the task that is expected or another approach is taken. Sorry but I'm not feeling this Time-Delay is as nostalgic as their marketing intended it to be. People are just going to drop like they did when SOE f*cked it all up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.