PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sharach New Member

Leveling is way too fast. Remove the xp and vitality potions from the cash shop. Reduce the immunity time by half. Fix the Halas-DLW betrayal quest.

This feels no different than the Live servers. There is no nostalgia here.
  2. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

betrayal needs to be fixed, or all cities get all classes please. This is pretty important to the PVP experience.
    Tynsil and Siren like this.
  3. Swanga Member

I don't understand the need for que times. I was in que for 30 minutes, I get up to go to the bathroom, 2 hours and 15 minutes. This is absolutely ridiculous!

I think the Griffons are perfect (I wasn't expecting to do the Griffon quest in Nek to travel since it's beta and DB needs to test more things than Griffon quests), I think traveling is perfect. People actually have to run through zones to get to the Q side or the FP side.
    What people don't understand is that the boat was designed to go to "X" and "Y" but "X" and "Y" wasn't available in said expansion. It's called Time-Locked Progression for a reason.

Immunity should be 15 seconds in my opinion.

Other than this, I WAS having a total blast.
  4. Swanga Member

Actually, you aren't allowed to be a Qeynos Necromancer or a Freeport Conjuror. This can be said for SK to Pally and Brigand to Swash.

This is old school buddy.
    Tenanye likes this.
  5. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

its hardly old school but nice try.
  6. Torrin Member

• Completely remove fast travel save for possible inner-city travel (Such as within Freeport, Neriak, Qeynos etc.)
    • Revert PvP Fame/Infamy to how it was originally at KoS launch.
    • Remove Warfields completely, there is absolutely no need for them on the PvP server.
    • Some classes have an 8 minute charm in PvP, this sounds like a major bug to me. Especially seeing as the troub charm is 8 seconds.
    • Transmute is in the game on the server but cannot be used, clicking the ability causes it to go on cooldown yet nothing else happens. Remove it from the server completely. There was no Transmuting prior to RoK (EoF?).
    • Both Tinkering and Adorning are available, gained through their respective daily craft quests. Remove them from the server completely. There was no Tinkering prior to EoF and no Adorning prior to RoK.
    • Experience gain is still way too fast. Experience gain from mobs and quests seem to have not been touched at all. In the course of 8 hours many players were level 40 or close to it. Reduce the experience gain as I believe was said in the original announcement.
    • Marketplace items - especially Experience and Vitality Potions. These need to be removed completely. I am hoping they are in just for testing purposes, but they must be removed prior to the live launch of the server.
    • Marketplace items - Bags. These are fine to an extent, however it would be better to not have anything beneficial sold via the marketplace at all. 8 and 12 slot bags can be made by any player up to level 9 in crafting. Believe 10 and 14 slot bags can be made by 15-19 Outfitters and larger by 20+ Tailors. That's early economy you are removing from the game by having bags on the marketplace.
    • PvP Writs - Get rid of them. I get that they don't give tokens at low levels but they're not needed period.
    • PvP "questline" - Started by talking to the Path of Discord npc, 2nd part cannot be completed because the PvP Rewards NPCs are not on the server. Remove the Path of Discord npc as well, there is no point in having them.
    • PvP Carnage Flag - remove City PvP ruleset from all non-city zones. Only zones that should have Carnage Flag and City PvP rules should be Neriak, Freeport, Qeynos, Gorowyn (It's on the server?) and possibly area around the city of New Halas (Not the entire Frostfang Sea zone).
    • PvP Immunity timer - is far too long. Revert the timer to 30 seconds at the most. Also ensure Perma-immunity is not a thing. If you're in the open world you're not safe, period.
    • Itemization - it is obvious itemization hasn't been touched yet. Something should be done about this before it goes live. There is no reason as a Troub I should have over 50 DPS mod at level 15 just from a few items. At the current rate the damage capabilities across the first 50 levels will be greatly skewed towards the high end. If that is the goal then everything else should be adjusted to compensate; including both Mob and Player variables.
    • Appearance slots - There is no reason for these to be locked on the server. Did we have appearance slots back in the day? Not for quite a long time. However there is no detriment caused by having the appearance slots available. Lets face it a vast majority of the old gear looks like *** but are must-wears because of their stats. I remember a rather lengthy debate back when Appearance slots first came out because people didn't want mages running around looking like tanks and tanks running around looking like mages etc. This is a PvP server, if you can't tell what class your target is by a quick glance at their buffs or eventually by their name alone then maybe you should pay better attention to that important information and less about what they're wearing? -- Are Appearance slots a deal breaker in anyway? Not for me personally no. Just seemed like a silly thing to remove compared to everything that has been left in.
    And finally a noticeable bug:
    • Quest Tracker resets, often times with quests completely disappearing from the journal despite still being active on the character, whenever a player joins your group. This bug seems sporadic, happened to me several times in a row and then didn't happen. Unsure as yet if it is Custom UI related or General UI related.

That is all for now. I'm sure I'll think of more later. Would like to end it for now though with saying god does it feel good to be back!
    Blitzed, Twinbladed and Tharrakor like this.
  7. Savne Member

Naroc and Ardur Duradan like this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Shut down the client and launcher. Relaunch and log right into the game.

Apparently the first of the Daybreak employees dealing with the TL betas has punched in for the day. :)
  9. Gankednshanked Active Member

EL druid ring is active. Has the shrub and just ported from EL to ANT
  10. Dudo Member

11. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

has anyone tested the disable combat/quest xp buttons?

I would but I am in que.
  12. Swanga Member

Well, buddy, their idea is to make it reflect old school.

And the Disable COMBAT XP is working.
    Tenanye likes this.
  13. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

im not your buddy, guy
  14. TS (Throat) Active Member

He's not your guy, pal.

;)
  15. Arrmon New Member

Played a little bit last night felt like I was playing on a live server , hardly the old school experience I was looking for.
    Wolvelf and Feldon like this.
  16. TS (Throat) Active Member

Only got in a couple of hours last night, so limited feedback.

Yes, it did not feel nostalgic at all. The DLW and Halas thing really does kill the feel from the orig cities/burbs. Is this a done deal? Seems odd to start at "beginning" without feeling like beginning.

I went to level 11 with little effort. Watched lvl 20s running around 3 hours after it went live, so the point of addressing XP has been brought up several times already. At launch, leveling took a long *** time.

In general, it was exciting to get into this and let us offer feedback.
  17. Boneheed New Member

If you're going to have any chance of pulling this off, you need to sort out the starting zones.

You're dropping people into two zones that didn't exist until years after the game launched (pretty uninspiring ones as well) and then giving them the option to level past nearly HALF the original content of the game without ever seeing it.

I'm not fussed for Isle of Refuge as a zone, it would be very nice to have, but if not, I'd rather just arrive at level 5 straight into Qeynos or Freeport and take it from there.
    There's plenty of content in those starter zones and most of them are way better looking then FFS or DLW (Down-below, Sewers, etc) and being made to use them would really help with the whole nostalgia thing.

Arriving at FFS and DLW really starts the whole thing off badly.
    TS (Throat) likes this.
  18. Gromph Member

• Betrayal needs fixing. The good side starting faction values seem screwed up. Evil>Good supposedly works but not the other way around.
    • Vitality and exp pots need removing. Running at 250% exp boost is stupid. I nearly hit 40 last night before the queue testing and I haven't played in a decade.
    • Are resists functioning correctly? I dropped 3 nukes on a player 14 levels below me that was flagged in Darklight and got all resists..
    • Remove city pvp rules from darklight/ffs
    • Charm is working in PvP. You can charm players for 10 minutes straight, etc.. zzz Intended? Doubt it..
    • Marketplace bags need to be restricted to 12 slot at most IF they are left in. Right now we're given bags bigger than the evil eye heritage instantly..
    • PvP Fame/Infamy needs to be reverted to the old system
    • Horse travel routes in higher zones need to be removed. Shouldn't be fast travel horses in zek, lavastorm, etc. This relates to the next point.
    • Zoning immunity is ridiculously long and needs to be drastically shortened. Its a pvp server, not a run away server.
    Also is there some quick way to level in your 30's in Commonlands? Was seeing a few of NagafensFinest always in commonlands getting levels when we were doing /who last night to see what level others on the server were.
  19. Spelzguk New Member

I haven't seen any chat channels actually working, which kind of makes it difficult to socialize/group
  20. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

There is a lot of mechanics still in the game that wasn't there prior. Cast on the run, the starting zones, this fame system, hilt strike, gear that doesn't scale correctly to the content, etc...could make a rather long list.
    Tenanye likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.