PvP still dry...

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-AtlantisCalz, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-AtlantisCalz Guest

Some way or another there has to be a way to get people out beside's just going to wf's and que to bg's. It is getting massively boring. They obviously are not going to get rid of WF's and BG's, and 95% of player will not dare come out until then. Most of the players moved to qeynos. I guess exile is looking real nice about now lol.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dark Messenger Guest

there is no reason to play on nagafen, they dont realize that tokens arent the reward we want, but gear and people take the easiest way to get gear, and this is zerging in wfs or do bgs ON A PVP SERVER.
    BGs must be removed on nagafen, the token system in open world pvp also, give a chance to drop PVP items from chests if you kill someone (not their equipped, just the pvp items on the database like a mob), the less players in grp the greater the reward. and people will come out and MUST pvp for their gear.
    pvp items should be something special, like procs in pve but enabled with this items for example.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tonzo Guest

BG on Naggy is def. fail.
    Ruins open world pvp tbh.
    If there was no BG on nagaffen, players would have to do open world pvp like back in the days.
    Today the fastest way to get gear is to go play "doom" in bg.

I would love to se them remove towers, and BG from naggy, and go back to what it should be...
    Get rewards for killing other players in open world !!!
    Let the blue servers have their BG so they think they pvp to.
  4. ARCHIVED-kukiake Guest

You would be surprised how many of us would go bluebie if they'd remove BGs from Nagafen. It wouldn't revive PvP, it would just create a new Vox.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tonzo Guest

Next they will prb. bring minigames like tetris in game, to get tokens and raid loot.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ragamuffin Guest

Eh keep BG's alot of people enjoy doing them, they just need to make it so naggy players dont get rewarded with tokens from Bg'ing is all.
  7. ARCHIVED-thephantomposter Guest

Dorsan@Nagafen wrote:
    and just as many of us that went blue in protest would come back. Plus then there would be open world pvp again which would attract new people because that is what real pvp server is.
  8. ARCHIVED-diabloii Guest

there is no reason for anyone to be in the open world. no contested mobs. no major quest lines. nothing that rewards players with gear. removing bgs won't solve this. pvp can't exist with just hunters. there needs to be prey, and right now there is no reason to draw prey out from guild halls, bgs, etc.
  9. ARCHIVED-7foggynites Guest

Tonzo wrote:
    They already tried that.
    And it failed.
    Rallos Zek - EQ1
    Vallon Zek - EQ1
    Rallos Zek - EQ1
    Sullon Zek - EQ1
    All of them merged into Zek - EQ1 (this says it all).
    They have had other games too, like SWG and Matrix Online and others.
    They know that open-world PvP doesn't work and that's why we have BG's.
    That's all I have to say.
  10. ARCHIVED-7foggynites Guest

thephantomposter wrote:
    Wrong.
    EQ1 had many open-world PvP servers and they all slowly died until they were merged together.
    Additionally, they had very small populations compared to the PvE servers.
    Adding more open-world PvP is the worst possible action they could take.
    This may not be true for PvP-centered MMORPGs, but EQ1/EQ2 are PvE-centered.
    Honestly, the only advantage of open-world PvP is its griefing potential. And that's just sick.
  11. ARCHIVED-Baackdoor Guest

7foggynites wrote:
    get out of the pvp section of this forum. now. You dont like pvp and dont do it so, leave.
  12. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

Pvp in this game has broken beyond repair I believe. At this point, they should simply make naggy pve, and on every server implement priests of discord to pvp flag people that wish to partake in it, or even implement a hit contract list with people flagged, so that you talk to an npc, he sends you out to find X person and hopefully kill them. You get one chance, if you win, you get your update and reward, if he wins, he gets a reward.

Face it, if they removed bgs from naggy, most people would leave. Blue servers offer pvp for when someone wants it. Look at faction imbalance and say people want challenge, they want zergs and easy rewards. The only pvp that happens now is someone dropping in on a quester and wtfpwning them while they are engaged with a mob.
  13. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

crazyeyes321 wrote
    Sadly, this is exactly why I cancelled my recent Naggy project. I can get all the PvP I want by queuing for BGs, & when I don't feel like PvPing I can level up in peace & quiet.
    I don't see why anyone bothers with Naggy any more.
  14. ARCHIVED-Astornoth Guest

Guys why do U pick on BG?.It has nothing 2 do with open PvP.The lack of any point of open world travel have.If U can xp grind your toon in few h,insted of days, (ofcourse soloing some no-PvP zones)if there is no point point of harvesting,no worthy quests do do then why on earth there would be open PvP action when BG are gone on Naggy I fail 2 understood that.
    Open world PvP died looong loong before BG comes out,it happens when only dps classes remains and there were no1 2 gank ;).So sorry that I doesn`t care that there is no questing noobs for U 2 kill.Reall open PvP fights start when one ganking group meet other and then fun started usually 2 the point of one wipe,after wchcih one group avoid fight..so really whou cares?
    Sad part is that if I wanna PvP BG is the ONLY place I can do that.WF ?Cammon I form a group spend some time waiting (gotta lova that ;/...what I`m at work that I have 2 watch my clock or something!) but ok I`m at wf sige starts I fly 2 fens (usually Q starts from there) I kill like 10 or so then they manage 2 form raid and gank as easly ,usually X4- X8(my best WF so far was 22fp vs 98Q...got 50+ on resecnt list ;P.Ok then fly 2 JW gank few lonly one and wait for train then wait till it runs us over again.(Dont know if U have pleasure of fighting vs X4 ...first U don`t C nothing,lags,then try 2 stay on your knees,constant KB,and after that U die when your temps runs out ..pff..if U got lucky U can push your spells button 5 times due lags and kb...awsome ..and what ? is that maybe this open PvP U talk about?Ok I won I killed more then I died so what?Q get rewards for just beeing here no skills mater just number plays that`s it....sad
  15. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

Astornoth wrote:
    Because I got bored out of my skull with instanced PvP in WoW & Rift, & have no interest in doing it here. Can't quite see why anyone else would want instanced PvP, either -- it's just another faction/token grind.
    Beyond that, having BGs gives SOE an incentive to not give people worthwhile things to do in the open world, which is -- as you yourself said -- the reason there's no open world PvP. So why would you accept BGs?
    I stopped my Nagafen project quickly, because the server is dead as a doornail ... why? Because people are doing these artificial BGs, instead of fighting in the open world. But hey, if that's what you want, because it's the only PvP left on Naggy ... well, go to it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Azekah1 Guest

Loldawg@Nagafen wrote:
    This pretty much sums it up. BG's are part of the problem, but just a small part. EQ2 pvp is dead and will never come back because the game has fundamentally changed in a way that destroys open world pvp. It was great in it's hayday, in fact it was probably the most fun I ever had in a computer game, but sadly, never to return. Enjoy the memories and here's to new games that might capture the essence!