PVP-server

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sapporosan, Aug 8, 2017.

1. jessejames Active Member

So to fill up one instance of each you'd need 84 people. thats a lot of people to pull from one server. If you had one instance of each your queue times would suck because you'd have to wait unitl they were done. and if you had 50 people wanting to do the 24x24 two people would get screwed and it would be a matter of the time the frustration would discourage people from even trying.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

This thread seems to have gone on pretty far. Figured I'd add in again:
  3. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

LOL wrong. If I can't handle it? I have been playing EQ2 PvP since Venekor. I am very familiar with the PvP environment in EQ2. If EQ2 PvP failed because of wait times for TLE servers, why did it fail on Live? Its because people dont want to pay and play in a **** toxic environment. There were only a hand full of people playing EQ2 PvP at TLE time. Because of toxic players.

LOL xpack unlock wait times? The community voted on xpack unlocks. Im starting to think you're a troll who doesn't know what he/she/zur is talking about. You seem truly ignorant on the topic of EQ2 PvP. But it don't matter. PvP aint here. Your argument is weak and pathetic. You got nothing. You can sit there stewing in your chair knowing im right. PvP in EQ2 is done, over and gone. It wont be coming back. There aint enough people to pay for DBG to justify the cost in maintaining it, and this is because people don't want to pay to participate in a garbage toxic environment.

What DBG gonna maintain a server because you cried hard enough for it? No. They tried, but the community proved no one wrong. The community was garbage and toxic.
  4. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

PvP in this game doesn't work for so many reason.

1. People think the players are toxic, Toxic is a personal problem, if you can't handle how competitors play then you won't succeed regardless. Every pvp game out there has toxic players. Raid guilds have toxic players. This is a sensitivity problem, not a community one.

2. It's never balanced, classes can't even get balanced in PVE, much less pvp.

3. Last time TLE PvP was thrown in a mix, people just ran and evac, all day long. They didn't actually go PvP. there was literally like 3 guilds that went at it hardcore, the rest were still focused on killing raid mobs all day and questing.

4. Bg's should have their own entire category of fail. You take a huge variety of different classes and playstyles and stick them in this one map that is tiny, your scouts can't sneak around, your mages never can get protection, your tanks think they are dps and don't taunt, and your healers can't keep up with all the people beating them into the dirt. It's not organized, so it is always lop sided. Pre team eat random ones, and people for the life of them just quit instead of improving their own toons.

5. The arena is gone. It that's great because the moment someone hits a proc in even a duel it one shots the other person. Which take utterly no skill and always happened during BG's. When your local necro's or illy's pet could own people in two shots without them even moving.

That barely even scratches the surface of all the problems with it.

After watching 3 servers burn to the ground, and most of the others on their last breath, and then add in the idea that PVE is bonkers with pets doing more damage than players, and ascension spells do more damage than ca's and spells, it is a little obvious pvp is on the level of impossible.
  5. ChurchThug New Member

You're a paying player. A consumer, just like the rest of us, not a decision maker RELAX

lol your description of BgGs was funny, I agree completely so I omitted it from the quote.

Your first point is interesting and true. There are some guilds that put up with toxic behavior from a few of their members just to keep peace within the raid force. Of course when they get out of line they are checked.

In regards to your second point, I never thought of it until now - what if the imbalance leads to better PvP? Or more interesting and practical PvP? Is it realistic to make the playing field even? A Warden wearing mastercrafted leather armor should still have difficulty vs Shadowknight in mastercrafted plate armor. Depending on skill, the Warden could mop floors with that Shadowknight. But I doubt the average PvPer playing a Warden could withstand such an assault.

The third point is rooted in personal experience though. I remember a few times when I wish the other player woulda evac'd :D Wouldn't the solution be as easy as making the reuse timer on evac longer? ;)
  6. chaospunk New Member

ok its PvP the community is going to get mouthy with each other so always expect it,as for those who are sitting there with cotton candy hearts and cry over insults shouldnt be PvPing and getting our servers shut down because they are a crying whining care bear go pve if you cant take the toxic.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

You just replied to a six month old post.
    Skadad and Cheallaigh like this.
  8. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Some folks gotta dig deep to be offended. People don't understand basic math. If there was a financial gain for DBG to have PvP server, they would. but there isnt. Most players don't wanna deal with PvP and toxicity that it brings (See deathtoll TLE server) Stop begging for PvP in EQ2. Get good and PvP is games where PvP is considered in the design, not just as an after thought.
  9. Tominator Member

I haven't checked since I returned to TLE - can you duel someone?
  10. Burly New Member

This will WORK!! Great idea. Make PVP server with NO levels so everyone is the same with level 50 master spells build with no AA (think of Fortnight model jump in and out). Next add random open world raids (like the Puppet Raids and Public Quest raids) that spawn all the time and are tank and spank. Every 3 Months the Public Quest raids drop NEW amazing different loot (keep people wanting to come back). Have PVP vendor for pvp players that dont win the loot off PQ raid. Have easy quest for PVP Vendor loot. Make the gear look AMAZING LOOKING with lots of particle effects. Randomly change the raid boss per zone (think of puppet raids with random bosses per zone). Change the bosses completely out every 6 months. Create lush exotic/tropical new zones for us to battle in and votes via game mail to different zones we already love like Dark Light Woods. Add New and old Open world contested zones like Runnyeye to every zone. For instance, Dark Light Woods will get 1 Avatar PQ Tank and Spank with 1 contested group zone with a random bonus Avatar PQ at end of contested zone. Force all the players to 3 zones per day that change daily. Eq2 Disney land
    Xiao likes this.
  11. Xiao Member

12. Xiao Member

I loved EQ2 PvP. And I was never that great at it, but I loved the dynamic it brought to the game. I think players that haven't played on a red server don't know what they're missing out on and would enjoy the personal level the game will touch them on.

hehe
  13. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

you guys love pvp, we get it...
    reality:
    the current TLE gets very little love as is, changes on live affect us and not for the better usually
    the gear right now got borked with the new xpac, it might or might not be fixed(4th try) on tues
    we have even less devs now that when this thread was started, where is the dev to make the changes for a PV/BG etc supposed to come from?
    the last PVP TLE was an epic failure, partly mechanics, partly support, partly players
    PVP was never balanced, considering the issues with itemization for the current PVE TLE, it's pretty much never going to happen
    nagfen died due to lack of players, too many left for whatever reason and it was merged with other servers to become skyfire, they're not going to start another server with a population that isn't stable enough to sustain it. bringin it up in the forums and discord every few months by a few players saying "tons would return", isn't good enough when bills have to be paid.
  14. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

"nagfen died due to lack of players, too many left for whatever reason and it was merged with other servers to become skyfire"

There are plenty of players that liked eq2 PvP, player population has nothing to do with it. Nagafen died for the same reason all the PvP servers died, the same reason no one plays on Stormhold, and the same reason FG will someday die... they open servers without having developers to support them.

"they're not going to start another server with a population that isn't stable enough to sustain it"
    they're not going to start another server with a dev team that can't even brew a pot of coffee without losing valuable time on a project.
    Dude and Cheallaigh like this.
  15. Simparri Active Member

Maybe they could add PvP to the 'decline' list like 'decline duels', 'decline trade', 'decline invite' etc. Have it so when you clicked on 'decline PvP' no other player could attack you & it would show something with your name like '-PvP' or have the ones who Want it show PvP next to their name like titles show or the 'Anon' tag. Then those loving PvP could just run around looking for their own 'victims'. The rest of us could just have our own fun & ignore them.
    Juraiya likes this.
  16. Xiao Member

I would love for a PvP server to be added or PvP to be available on Fallen Gate as an opt-in feature
  17. Simparri Active Member

Player population has EVERYTHING to do with it! The PvP servers before Sony let go had at Least as much support as the rest of them & PvP was dying Then. Player population is what PAYS THE BILLS. If you drive players away population will drop. If not enough players want to play on a server it Will get shut down.
    Juraiya, Sigrdrifa and Cheallaigh like this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The effort to maintain itemization when every dang item had to have alternate PvP stats was enormous. New players had an awful time merging into an established PvP server because of idiots hammering them for LULZ. The first is a cost problem in terms of man-hours. The second is why the population declines.

If EQ2 had been designed from the start to support PvP, it might be different. But it wasn't, and there will never again be PVP in EQ2, as any number of devs and producers have stated.

But you never know, if an "EverQuest Next" ever appears, perhaps it will have a modern game engine and will be built from the first to support PvP.
    Juraiya, Simparri and Cheallaigh like this.
  19. Fistpower Well-Known Member

They can hardly keep Fallen Gate running and have relevant content outside of piss poor and easy raid content and people expect them to pay attention to any sort of pvp and a 2nd TLE server?

Whats wrong with you people.
    Sixgauge, Cheallaigh and Sigrdrifa like this.
  20. Xiao Member

When Nagafen opened up PvP servers were wildly successful
    Sixgauge likes this.