PVP-server

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sapporosan, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Sapporosan New Member

Please open just one PVP TLE server for Eq2 funs.I think many people try to find such a interesting game with pvp as Eq2,but can't...
    Ishtara and Xiao like this.
  2. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

We did have one. It was called Deathtoll. It was exactly as you described. It failed. Toxic community. Take your money elsewhere if you're looking for PvP. It aint here on Eq2.
    Simparri, Siren, Xillean and 8 others like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Is there PVP on Drunder? That'd be the place for it.
    Siren, Mizgamer62, santargria and 2 others like this.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

no
    Juraiya and Lagerale like this.
  5. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

6. Ronjah Active Member

On drunder it's called BvB,
    bot group vs bot group.
    Juraiya, Cheallaigh, Snikkety and 6 others like this.
  7. ChurchThug New Member

We already had one and it didn't end so well for differing reasons. The consensus is that the "toxic commonalty" drove away a large portion of the database. However, that is speculation up to a certain point. A lot of people remember it differently, naturally. I', not sure if another PvP TLE server will exist. However if PvP were to be implemented back into the game, I think the most feasible option would be to open a certain zone within an existing TLE (in this case FG). While this may not be popular with some PvEers, the fact remains that PvP is the reason why a lot of accounts were subscribed. Yes, there was an issue with some of the players, but that shouldn't be a reason as to not bring it back. It's simply an easy way for naysayers to shoot down the possibility.

I've read that it some things could have been done differently to avoid the Deathtoll catastrophe. Regardless, Devs know more than we do about that situation.
  8. ChurchThug New Member

The old PvP thread that we created was closed, due to.. Negative attitudes? Unfortunately I never got an opportunity to mediate :(
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

I would enjoy an open pvp zone / arena, but then I liked Battlegrounds alot cause I could just zone in and queue.

I don't think you'd find wide acceptance of locking out an entire overland zone in a TLE for open PVP. That would basically negate a zone from too many people as they simply wont set foot in pvp.

I have my doubts that if there was a TLE BG server, that enough people would be interested to fill queues long enough for the effort to be worth while.
  10. ChurchThug New Member

It would be interesting if in order to PvP in that zone, before you enter, you would need to intentionally flag yourself for PvP for you to engage and or be engaged. Therefore giving you a choice. You can't flag yourself or 'de-flag' yourself while in the zone.
    Simparri likes this.
  11. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

If the original battlegrounds were implemented on the new TLE, it would warrant plenty of attention. This time around, just have leader boards, appearance gear rewards and titles earned. Hell, i wouldn't care if there were no rewards. There are plenty of us who would like to dish it out during our downtime just for fun. It's completely optional and not forced.
    Ishtara, Simparri and ChurchThug like this.
  12. ChurchThug New Member

Would BG's take away from the Open World server population is the question... I personally wasn't a fan of Battlegrounds, but its a start.
    Simparri likes this.
  13. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

No worse or better than guild halls.
    Simparri likes this.
  14. jessejames Active Member

There isn't enough people interested in live server PVP, how can anyone think TLE PVP would be successful.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  15. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I had more fun during the height of BGs than I have ever had raiding or open world PvP. I don't think there would be a big enough player base on just FG, probably have to be world wide to make it viable which would exclude FG.

They could make it so dueling uses pvp mechanics, and implement pvp combat mechanics in maj'dul arena. But for a small dev team and small player base, it doesn't make a lot of sense to go through the trouble for one server, if it's not going to somehow generate money for DB. But yea, I'd be all for some pvp.
    ChurchThug and Atan like this.
  16. Ronjah Active Member

Battlegrounds were fun, especially since you could use some of the blue pvp runes in pve. haha.
  17. ChurchThug New Member

Touche. Are those a sure thing on FG?

I hear you. It's not just the fighting that makes a PvP server fun. Even though harvesting can be dangerous, the demand for crafters is extremely high. Is generating enough money really an issue though? I wonder how many active accounts there were on Venekor, Vox, and Nagafen during the height of the game and how many of those accounts are still active now... I think a lot of players would drop cash on this game to PvP again in a balanced system. If there ever was another try at PvP, a mass e-mail should be sent out to those players (those that had accounts on Venekor, Vox, Nagafen) inviting them once again to try it with us. Perhaps even invites to other players from old servers can be invited as well, for the sake of balance.

Personally I don't miss the **** talking and sometime vengeful attitudes of opposing players, but I can see past that for the most part. As stated in the other thread about difficulty leveling on FG, one has the option of grouping up not just for xp but for PvP as well. However, shouldn't there have been a way to penalize players that grief? Like killing someone on your recent list = negative fame/infamy hit? I bet that would have been a strong deterrent. Doing it 3 times = a timed ban? And so on and so forth?

Those that oppose PvP currently are not incorrect in regards to ill-behavior. We have to protect their playing experience.
  18. Springelf Active Member

I loved the Battlegrounds. Any game I have played that has them I go all in for. I wont do open world pvp tho. I dont want to be hassled when I just want to level etc.
    jessejames likes this.
  19. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

They did try. The server was called Deathtoll, and it failed miserably because of an ugly and toxic community.
    Simparri likes this.
  20. Drearn New Member

pvp itself is a toxic community and has been for years, if you can't handle it don't play there. It only failed because of the wait times between expansions, when new ones we're released pvp was always around.

as for battlegrounds taking away from open world population - its not like they can keep you in them. They should open them for all servers 6v6, 12v12 and 24v24 BGs were great times but just broke with all the updates and broken gear.