pvp server going down fast

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by MissGreen, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Jarvan Member

10/10 post by flightrisk, knows absolutely nothing about what hes talking about. that blubie soul pouring into pvp forums

the server is trash because daybreak doesnt care about, nor support their pvp community. Never really has.
    Frostfang likes this.
  2. Redlight Well-Known Member

What? Unless you got played by a 5 year old about getting invited to group and then dropped, nobody on nagafen knows what you are talking about. Leveling also has nothing to do with the issues that server has, easy leveling was actually really great considering the 1 month expansions. You wouldn't know because you probably won't be able to hit level cap with an instant max level potion on live, concluded from your post above. Just disappear, troll.
    Zamza and Frostfang like this.
  3. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
  4. Drew575 Active Member

this post made me lol. The fact is, the devs dont read this forum. They never have bothered with PVP, nor should that have restarted this server in this fashion. The devs dont care about pvp nor have they ever. I take that back; back when SOE controlled Eq2 and there was an actual PVP Dev...that's when they cared. Bottom line, you made a PVP server with no incentive to PVP. PVP gear should have been added (I'm talking old t7/t8 sets from way back when....way before t9 and so on ruined the game with the stupid stats and pvp mitigation etc etc). By taking the incentive away to open world pvp, you inadvertently killed your own game. When all the good loot comes from raid mobs and not PVP on a SEASONAL PVP SERVER; we have a problem. Kander's attitude toward pvp gearr (someone link the screenshots from discord) is mind boggling. I don't get what the point of this server even was for...imagine how many people may have stuck around had the updates from the devs been more continuous; a simple red name in this forum every now and then would be nice too. Apparently that is too hard to ask for them. All in all, this server failed because it was a temporary server. Deathtoll had way more of a population at the beginning because the server was a permanent server not this temporary season bs. Imagine how many more people would have came over had this server been permanent...Good luck on getting people to play in Season 2.
    Let me do a little math for DBG

a gross population of maybe give or take 80-90 players on at prime time. $15(monthly sub fee) * 90 population (i'm being generous). That's $1350 a month...give or take. Now, up to half of those people are Krono memberships. so lets cut the profit down to say $700 a month profit. A server cost what, maybe 1-200$ a month to own (maybe more or less)? Bottom line, this server isn't making profit and it's because the devs dont care. Clearly everyone is let down by the lack of communication and the lack of developer interaction. When you say screw you to your fan base, the fan base starts to dwindle and leave 1 by 1. This was all a cash grab and you got us. Well played.
    Frostfang likes this.
  5. Seth Well-Known Member

no idea what this post is about I skimmed about every question at the speed of light and I presume server is dying / dead and you all know it but are finding a way to vent. Grats. I foretold all this before naggy was even released I'm glad you spent time finding that out though.
  6. Redlight Well-Known Member

Wow! We got a visionary over here! Not that live is also dead right now until eth event comes out and people are complaining about and quitting kaladim. More people have quit kaladim than nagafen (not a good point as kaladim has a bigger population though).
    Frostfang likes this.
  7. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Oh wise oracle, what does my future entail?
  8. Zamza New Member

Make the best gear drop in open world. It's really so simple. If you make the names outside of instances contested, then people will flock to PVP. I thought the huge timed PVP event battles of the past were cool, too. But please, for the love of God devs, don't make PVE completely pointless. As we've seen from past iterations of Nagafen, PVE and PVP go hand in hand.

Maybe a happy balance of PVP jewelry and items available from writs? I dunno. I just don't think full sets of gear should be available from PVP writs. It makes it nigh impossible to compete for people who are just starting out. How are you supposed to get any writs at all if someone is already completely geared? It tips the balance for the people who started in the beginning too far in their favor. If PVE gear is just as good or even better, then late-comers at least have a chance to catch up.

--

All this server needs is:

1) Rebalance classes. Tweak CC for classes that utilize and depend on it to be viable in PVP. Give people a reason to pick other classes than Assassins, Shadow Knights, Druids, Wizards/Summoners.

2) Rebalance CC proc gear so it isn't so ridiculous. Don't completely remove it, just pull it back.

3) Give people character slots or stop the server wipes. Either or. We only need one to curb twinking. It's overkill. Personally, I think we should be allowed more than one character because I don't think people want to play the same character day in and day out. Just makes things dull.

4) Free for all makes new players even more susceptible to early tier ganks and ultimately demoralizing. I think Q, Freep, and Exiles should come back. If people want more PVP, they can and will go Exile. Give people incentives to Exile or at least less deterrents. I really don't see the point in full FFA when exiles exists. I was under the impression if you give people a choice, they'll be happy.

5) Maybe a poll to see what people really want? I mean... Some transparency from Daybreak would be cool. If it's too much work for the Devs, then just come out and say it. Yeesh.
  9. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

PVP didn't work in EQ1 and again in EQ2.
    how can I put this there is a lot of "special" people in both games for PVP.
    just not enough people want to play with them.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  10. Drew575 Active Member

PVP Definitely worked in this game at one point; good job @ failing to read my previous post though. PVP can work in any game as long as there is attention to detail and actually fixing what is broken. Since neither have existed in this game since SOE gave it away to DBG; it has not worked.
    Frostfang and Redlight like this.
  11. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

Good job @ being dilutional about PVP
    it just does NOT work
  12. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

*facepalm*
    Frostfang likes this.
  13. Eradani Well-Known Member

as previously mentioned - it has worked in the past and it worked well. but this broken server is better than any pve server - they're just sooo boring after pvp. i don't think i'll ever be irl bored enough again to sub for live
    ShadowCat and Frostfang like this.
  14. Nightmares New Member

Hm a bunch of old recognizable names. Hello Drew, Davram, Gilly, Kazoo, Duprey.... Is this TLE pvp server worth coming back and killing people on?
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

It closes in less than two weeks.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Nightmares New Member

Thank you Dude. I figured as much, but didn't see anything official. My apologies, I should've clarified for "Nagafen's 2nd season" assuming there will be a 2nd launch of this server?
    Dude likes this.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

Ah! Someone said that a dev said in Discord that there would be a second season, but that's about as solid as I've heard so far.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Trasor Active Member

They confirmed in Discord that they are working on a season 2, yet I haven't seen any details yet.
  19. MissGreen Member

very sad but I was right and I hate being right sometimes ....it really sucks.
  20. MissGreen Member

they need to just read this thread and make a pvp server as normal ..with all the same stuff..I hope that they do something to help it