PvP Running from PvP fights

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thetmes, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Thetmes Active Member

Well since the change of auto combat has been turned off. I see people running and running and running from PvP. While this is great for some class' in that they can get away there are a few class Guards and Zerks for instance that this is problematic for. When we get hit it has a chance to proc one of our buffs that causes damage or blocks damage or heals or whatever. This puts said players into combat. Now yes they could run around with buffs off and not get thrown into combat but that makes them kinda squishy from the start with no buffs on and fall over dead from the jump if a higher con toon attacks. I would suggest that auto combat when hit be turned back on or set it so that you actually have to cast a beneficial or combat/spell art to be thrown into combat so that procs to not put people into combat.
    Kittybock likes this.
  2. GBlack Active Member

There was no AE back in the days and it was pretty fine.
    Siren likes this.
  3. Thetmes Active Member

I understand that there was also no SC mounts or quest line mounts at lv 20. Any one that had a mount back then had busted their hump for it. Now its only a click away at lv 1. Try chasing down a lv 10 anything on a mount with guard or zerk or running from a full group of yellow and orange cons on a guard or zerk cause you got thrown in combat. Its a whole different ball game from back in the day. AE was implemented because of the runners same situation we have now with people running. I say make it fair IE have to cast to be thrown in combat or turn AE back on and make em sprint and what not to get away not just move away at 29% after sprinting.

I watched a guy in TS the other day try to kill an Inq on a guard. Every time he hit the Inq it ran to a zone line and zoned completely out of combat. The guard could keep up with him using sprint but once that was over the Inq just kept going pulling away. I then watched a full group hit that same guard and the guard be thrown in combat unable to run or get out of combat to get away. Same thing happened later to same guard but it was an orange con solo enchanter and guard was stuck unable to do anything other than stand and fight. Because they got thrown into combat. It is what it is just make it somewhat fair is all I am suggesting.
  4. Ilovecows Active Member

Firstly, guardians and zerkers aren't the only classes to have procs that activate when damaged. Dirges have this too and it is far more problematic for them as their proc buff does a whole lot more than just proc an affect (it is the main defensive buff, giving avoidance, agility, resists and mitigation, as well as the damage proc). It really isn't a problem for you to turn these buffs of. The only guardian one that actually procs doesn't actually do ANYTHING in pvp. It will proc, but has no effect. It used to be a taunt but that was changed because the devs hate guardians (er, wanted "balance"). Anyways, I checked on my guardian and the cast time of this buff is .25 seconds. I assume it is the same for zerkers. When you want to engage, turning on this buff doesn't take away a significant amount of time you could use to be attacking or taunting. You just need to learn to adapt the class to the mechanics of the game.

Secondly, there are 24 classes that you have to choose from. All have their advantages and their disadvantages. One major disadvantage of melee tanks like warriors and brawlers is that they don't really have any hard or soft cc at all. They can take a ton more damage than other classes, have many group buffs and single target buffs to strengthen their allies and can taunt dps classes off of their squishy healers and mages. One thing they can't do well is CC other players. If you want to be able to keep people from running away as a warrior, I'd highly suggest rolling with an illusionist, bard, or some other class with a good amount of CC. Otherwise, if you just want to run around solo and keep people from running away, there are 20+ other classes to choose from, many of which have these CC abilities.

That being said, you CAN still prevent people from running away from you as a warrior. There are hex dolls that can be made by tailors that give a pretty good slow (along with physical mit reductions and other cool debuffs) and there is a crystaline wand that drops from the vault in FG you can go and get that will also help you keep players from running away. In addition to this, on the guardian you have a root that you can use to keep people from running. The ability Hunker Down has a chance to proc a root on the other player, so if you are sprinting after them and hitting them while they are slowed with your doll, there is a good chance you will be able to root them and keep them from running. Once players are rooted like this, I find they generally prefer to fight back rather than just stand there and get ripped apart by your gnarly Guardian DPS, so you can get fights like this easily. There are many ways to keep people from running away from you as a warrior, you just have to itemize for your classes defects and be able to use all of your abilities to their maximum potential. But if you are not willing to try this, there are many other classes you can try playing or grouping with that will give you the CC abilities you need.
  5. Thetmes Active Member

I understand everything you are saying. I simply used those 2 class as an example to make my point. If you fail to see the point even after your long winded response ( very in depth btw and good points you still missed the point I am attempting to make though ).

The point I am attempting to make is this there are class that are free to run as far and as wide as they like ( looking from a strictly ca/spell casted on them stand point no hex dolls or troll snot things ) and if the game is going to be balanced around group PvP ( which it should be ) then there needs to be at least some balance when it comes to when and how someone is put into PvP combat as an individual and group. I know things will never be balanced at a solo level to much stuff to look at for that but some things as simple as fixing this issue would go a long way in my book
  6. Mankar Active Member

Pretty sure OP just wants his "fix" instead of going with any of your multiple solutions. Sad really.
  7. Ilovecows Active Member

Oh you just want a 1 line response then. Here I go:

Learn to play your class, or play a different one.
    SynnikuL and Mankar like this.
  8. Thetmes Active Member

Not at all and its a suggestion is all like or don't like it up to you no need to insert foot into mouth before you know what you are talking about though. Your choice though I guess.
  9. Thetmes Active Member

See above post.
  10. Mankar Active Member

Your post prior had no text and only a quote which appeared to be blatently disregarding everything he said. I apologize if I jumped to a conclusion, but perhaps you can see why it would seem that way?
  11. Thetmes Active Member

Hmm odd there I had posted then noticed a line that upon reading did not look right so I opened to edit so it should have been all been there and just got the edit after. Oh well it is what it is.
  12. Mankar Active Member

On both my phone and laptop, showed you quoting him but a blank forum post. Not sure what happened there...wonder if the forum is having some kind of issue or maintence. Anyways, I apologize for the mix-up.
  13. Ilovecows Active Member

I see what you are saying. Would it be best if procs just didn't work until players are actually in combat? That's how it works in pve. If I am getting hit on by mobs, none of my abilities actually proc until I engage with them. I don't see why this shouldn't also be the case in pvp.

I've also seen another suggestion on one of these threads that I thought was pretty good. Using the bell or zone door is a cast spell and takes several seconds to complete, which can be interrupted by other players. Same with evac. That way the chance to escape is still there, but the prey has to be paying as much or more attention than the hunter.
  14. Peak Nagafun

If procs are triggering from PVP while out of combat, that's something that changed and (hopefully) isn't working as intended.
    However, if you're fighting PVE and someone tags you, procs should still go off as intended, as you are in combat.
  15. Ilovecows Active Member

Procs are going off while out of combat. I was jumped by a full group while crafting, my buff proced on them and put me into combat. I barely made it away from them.
  16. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Procs should not Trigger when you are attacked out of combat.
  17. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Yet another horrible example of a player wanting developer intervention instead of relying on already existing options to resolve the problem. Continuing this behavior is what lead to the downfall of PvP on Live.

Never seek the help of a developer. Rely on the community to offer fixes/suggestions. ILoveCows made several suggestions. I was able to learn from them also.
  18. Thetmes Active Member

Yet another example of why many things in this game do not get fixed when they need to due to individuals not understanding that should be fixed. I mean did you even read the whole thread and understand that we all agree ( other than you that is ) that this is a problem
    Kittybock likes this.
  19. Thetmes Active Member

Yup I agree on all counts. Its an issue that only effects a few class that I know of. I have spoken to a few guards and zerks and I know it effects them which is why I used them in my example. I do not know of any healers that this effects at this time but I would think it would effect druids ( thorn coat/skin ) anyone able to test this? I have not made a druid on the new servers at this time.
    Kittybock likes this.
  20. Creasote Well-Known Member

They need to change something with the rules of engagement in pvp. I am not sure exactly what it is but pvp will die eventually or the game will become a FPS version of Everscout 2. Perhaps make the higher tier zones auto engage bc that point in the game newbie questers do not need to be protected.