(PvP @ lvl 50 )

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Busko, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Busko Glads

testing lvl 50 with full MC and adept 3s was nice but you soon find out how unbalanced PvP really is.

Solo PvP is almost a no go playing anything but a scout solo mages priest tanks just get ganked by groups ( scouts can run away all the time or have track to avoid this) so unless you group 24/7 not many players will put up with groups killing them, this is a big fail it always has been groups should never be able to attack solo players i dont know how to work around this but its a big fail.

when you have hp of around 4k and each spell hits for 400-600 the dps inc is stupid even withe a full MC gear players are dropping in seconds is this how the PvP is going to be ?.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Roll any race with the "Scout package," a.k.a. "has Racial Tracking," and you're set on any FFA PvP server. It's mostly your own faction looking to gank you, and there they are-- right in the Tracking window (unless they're stealthed or invisible). It even automatically updates as new peeps come into range. You used to have to /macro that to a key back in the day and refresh it manually a hundred times an hour, so be happy.

There *are* totems from Woodworking that not only allow you to see through Stealth and Invisibility from level 20 on, and there are yet others later on that turn you Invisible or Stealthed, too. Now if only crafting XP wasn't so terrible, we could actually make those. That would help immensely, too.
  3. Fulton Active Member

I hear ya. Im mostly a solo/small group player and join any group, im not part of any elite group or guild, and thats mostly what i have seen. A few guilds with better gear than most and run in static premades, which is fine but just not for me, i cant dedicate that much time to this game. Maybe if they implement a pvp merchant for those who dont raid so atleast us a little guys have a fighting chance then maybe ill play, but as it stands ill most likely pass on this server, which sucks because i love pvp and was on naggy since day one, but i dont wanna be just another undergeared easy target for everyone. Gluck :)
  4. Nuada Active Member

i say since years it needs a 1v1 rebalance for all classes

but im happy to see pvp its there, even if it is without a good balance, but i can see Caith make good changes.

but stuff like HT from SK nerv it 50% in pvp !!!!! a spell/art that hit mutch hp is allways **** for a good balance.

atm i see most time sks here on the server, that alone confirms that he is op. Make a fixed ~10% hp drop for ht in pvp.

last good balance with lvl 95 there has HT me warden max hittet 5-10% with best pvp gear,and that was ok, an nobody has say sk is op.
  5. Alway Active Member

you know MC gear isnt the best gear out there ? there was a group in EL that whiped a x2... i inspected a couple of the 6 , they had heroic gear and **** - the one scout had 7k hp... to be competitive in pvp youll have to PVE...
  6. Nuada Active Member

that's exactly why the % fix is ​​a good idea for HT and other art/spells
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

I don't play a Shadowknight, but without Harm Touch, they're screwed. It's their signature calling card, the only real attack they have worth anything, and it's probably the only thing about them that people consider before they attack a SK in PvP.

Harm Touch has a way longer recharge (5 min nowadays?) than other attacks-- it may have the longest recharge for an attack in the whole game. So if even two people attack one SK (or one enemy does, then another directly after the SK is done with the first fight), then Harm Touch is down after the first fight and the SK is screwed.

You can't just beg for nerfs for every spell or combat art that someone uses against you in a fight, jeez.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

You know, if they enabled friendly fire during grouping, too, that might cut back on the 6-man orange groups ganking their own greens as the oranges camp their own lowbie bells all day.... :p

Hey, guildies who don't happen to be already teamed (and most guilds are way bigger than 6 people so they *can't* always be teamed) have to deal with this FFA friendly fire crap all day long.

This would show the 6-man orange gank groups what your average guildies go through trying to help each other every day! And Daybreak can't seem to disable it for guildies, so why should full ganker groups get a pass?

It would force 6-man orange groups to deal with damage equal to their own for once (50s aren't going to go after other 50s once Nagafen goes live-- they're going to pick on 42s, or as low as whatever zone they're in allows), it's just that right this minute in beta, everyone has been boosted to 50, so they have no choice but to fight 50s.
  9. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Proceeds to complain in another thread about enchanters when they aren't even very good right now. Hypocrite.
    Zenji likes this.
  10. Galdenya/Sigon Active Member

QFE
    There are multiple items that have not been rebalanced. People who rushed to 50 (myself included) have level 40+ gear that hasn't been retuned yet. My Fury has at least 1k more life than most beta buffed tanks. I need to people to stop complaining about this and let them finish their itemization passes before crying for nerfs.

In the meantime, if it bothers anyone THAT much. Go do DFC. Everything in there has 25+ stats still -.-
    Also most HQs have 40+ such as FBSS, SBS, Jboots, Screaming Mace, all 4 of which are good to begin with but are currently brokenly op until they finish item tuning.
  11. Galdenya/Sigon Active Member

Can't edit previous post. DFC/HQ gear finally got tuned down.