PVP jewelry set bonuses

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Delethen, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Delethen Active Member

Regarding the scout stuff - if there really has to be a block chance in there, could you at least move that to the wrist slot instead of the earrings?

Ideally i'd rather see the arm band set on the rings, the ring set on the earrings and the earring set on the wrists. The current arrangement seems to favour ranged scouts too much.
  2. Pippin Active Member

Ranged scouts need love to Del - for one to avoid your non stop slaughter of us poor rangers just trying to get along ;)
  3. Delethen Active Member

Rangers are perfectly fine as they are, they don't need this slot advantage as well. I don't have a problem if they keep the block chance set bonus in even if its probably no good for me, but i'd much, much rather see it move to a different slot.
  4. Pippin Active Member

Out of interest whats the issue with the slot ? Would you lose something if so what ?
  5. Delethen Active Member

I have no issue with the slot whatsoever, as long as its the wrist ;)
  6. Azomonas Active Member

Normally I'd be with you Del, but aren't earrings the only jewelry set that gives toughness? I'm assuming they felt they needed to put a "defensive" effect on them.

Also, and not to be greedy with this, but it would be nice to have a charm set bonus too...of some sort.
  7. Pippin Active Member

You just protecting your earring that heals you Del that hasnt been picked up as working in PVP ?

Gwarthlea's Hoop of Matriarchy ?
  8. Delethen Active Member

It has been picked up - it got nerfed to hell a fair while back, its a terrible heal these days. Mostly I just use that right now because my experimented earring got nerfed and it procs poison damage. I absolutely would have no problem with replacing it with pvp jewelry.
  9. Delethen Active Member

They are the only set with toughness on as far as jewelry goes yes, but then the necklace also has toughness. Anyway, there is a defensive effect on the wrist set atm (something like 3% mitigation, I forget the exact amount) and wrists have lethality.
  10. Pippin Active Member

I respect the fact u got all these past tier items giving u all kindsa procs (well the fact u do your homework on them and go get em etc...) but also feel progression needs to ensure each tier should be more desirable to the last.... also the whole balance thing blah blah blah...

And thats why I thought id weigh in here. If you influence decisions made on this argument you will reinforce the desire of earlier tier items not yet blitzed. Bottom line devs are unaware of these items yet - I cant blame em - the DB has tbe be like 100k items and not all wil be defined with easily searchable metadata to identify items with procs which are not aligned to progress.
  11. Delethen Active Member

I have two items that proc, one is the aforementioned gwarthlea earring which as I said, is pretty meh nowadays, and has already been heavily nerfed. Only use that for lack of something more worthwhile. And the other is the bracelet of symphonic allure, which if it was going to get nerfed would almost certainly have been by now.